Jerking Movements

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Jerking Movements

Postby Gentle Male on December 14th, 2002, 1:50 am

Sometimes I get jerking movements, especially when just starting to rest. Along with it I get a split second shock, startling or tickling sensation inside my body which goes to the point that jumps or moves. Does anyone out there have this?

Gentle Male
Gentle Male

Postby tlotoxl on December 14th, 2002, 10:18 am

yup. of course it's happened my whole life, but since i got bfs it's been much more common, and sometimes when i'm still fully awake.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Joanne on December 14th, 2002, 2:16 pm

Yes, i have gotten that shock feeling also....it accompanies the jerking....i have even gotten that shock feeling in my teeth :shock: That happened in the beginning of the bfs thing i have not gotten that recently.

Joanne
Joanne

Postby Arron on December 14th, 2002, 10:14 pm

oh yeah, the limb and body jerks. They are a form of "myoclonic jolts" which are common right after you fall asleep. A good percentage of people with BFS get jerks ranging from a hand jump to an ankle jerk that'll make your foot jump, an arm jump or even your whole body sometimes might just kind of, jump. I get them too, pretty much every day in some way or another. Usually just a hand or a foot will jump while sitting there watching TV or even when I'm typing on the computer. It is pretty common and myoclonic jolts are considered benign as well.
Arron

Postby Gentle Male on December 15th, 2002, 12:37 am

Thanks- cause at first I was afaid to relax and dreaded going to bed at night. Now sometimes I don't even notice them.

Gentle Male
Gentle Male

Postby Joanne on December 15th, 2002, 9:52 am

Just wanted to share one more thing, during the on set of my sx when i was really anxious about them i was sitting on a chair at a gathering with friends and someone walked by me......well wouldn't you know that is when one of these jerks decided to appear and my leg jerk up and kick this person in the leg.... :oops: :lol: i was embarrassed but hey that person needed a kick anyway.... :lol:
I also get them in my shoulder alot.....
Joanne
Joanne

Postby Nole on December 17th, 2002, 7:39 pm

Have them everyday, use to be only when I went to sleep before the BFS but I have them other times now, minor ones. They dont really bother me though, I try and laugh them off.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS