Part of BFS or Muscle Fatigue or What?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Part of BFS or Muscle Fatigue or What?

Postby Joanne on December 12th, 2002, 11:20 pm

Today i was using scissors for about 20 minutes while cutting stuff in my daughter class, right after if was done my thumb started to tremor voliently.....what is this? Is is part of this BFS or do you think it could be something else? I had this happen about a year ago...needless to say i have avoided using scissors. Help!!!!
Joanne
Joanne

Postby dwl on December 15th, 2002, 3:31 am

I had this after painting a window - relax..............!
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby Arron on December 15th, 2002, 1:32 pm

I get it all of the time and that is what my posts about having shakey legs (very trembly) after doing certain things, like squatting or you know..., "other" things with my wife :oops: .

I also get it in my hands when I do something strenuous. I build racing engines for a living (among other things) and if I am doing something like using a ratchet wrench real fast, my hand will cramp-up and start to tremor. If I'm torquing a bolt that has a high torque value, when I pull on the wrench, my whole arm will tremor and if I have a lot of that kind of work to do, I will get the shakes afterwards for quite a while and feel very fatigued, but still have my full strength if I needed it. It just "feels" like I'm weak afterwards, but it's not true weakness.

Pretty much any exertion on any muscle will cause a tremor while it's being used and after it has been strained. You'd be surprised how much your muscles can get tired, even after using something as simple as scissors... I think it all has to do with whatever triggers the exercise intolerance thing with this BFS stuff.
Arron

Postby Jen on December 15th, 2002, 5:55 pm

I've had that too, also in my thumb. I find that relaxing and shaking my hand, or leg, or whatever is starting to tremble, buys me a bit more time as I try and complete whatever project I'm on.
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS