Thanks!

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Thanks!

Postby Guest on December 11th, 2002, 10:18 am

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who visits and posts on this site. I have been here numerous times over the last four months, read a lot of posts and responses, and gained a lot of reassurance.

I have been twitching for four months now. Still don't have a diagnosis. Started in the calves. Still going 24/7. Originally was attributed to a blown disc. This was based on the MRI proving this and the EMG only finding fascics. That theory went out the window when the twitching spread all over. Now my Neuro thinks a virus has taken up residence in my nervous system.

Anyway, I have dealt with the stress and been through the scare - still not quite convinced yet, but almost. This site has helped a lot. I have noticed a lot of improvement in my symptoms over the last couple of months. Some symptoms I have even reasoned away in my mind. I still have my bad days where the twitching is really bad, but they come with less frequency. Even these bad days don't bother me all that much anymore, and I know that given enough time, the fascics will quiet down again. I find it interesting that they are usually there worse a few days before and after a neuro appointment.

Anyway, Thanks again for the help.

Postby SusanSid on December 11th, 2002, 11:27 am

Glad the website has helped you. It's been a life saver for me! You mentioned a blown disc. I have problems with my back and I think that perhaps it may aggrivate symptoms in the legs for example if it's a lower back disc. Again, only theory. What's this about a virus taken residence in you body? Again, goes to show I guess we really don't know the cause or their may be several. Your nuero could be right. I was told the same thing.
Please don't remain a stranger and keep on posting!
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS