Mini twitches?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Mini twitches?

Postby Guest on December 6th, 2002, 12:12 pm

Do any of you get little barely there twitches... almost like vibrations but not strongly felt at all? My foot has these little miniature twitches in the instep and ball, so small you can not see them, but I can feel them. IT IS ANNOYING ME! Still no weakness... twitching normally everywhere else, but this is scaring me, isn't this the way ALS twitches are? Very slight and barely noticeable... felt but not seen?

Postby Wittesea on December 6th, 2002, 12:57 pm

I get mini twitches everywhere. Barely felt, never seen. I get them in my feet, legs arms hands back stomach scalp and face. They are annoying as hell, but that's all they are, just annoying.

I thought ALS twitches were seen but not felt? Somebody once told me that if I could feel the twitch that it wasn't ALS.
Wittesea
Interested
Interested

Postby tlotoxl on December 6th, 2002, 4:35 pm

If you go back through the forum you'll find a plethora of messages about twitches ranging from 'tingling' to full-on arm jerkers. I get them all, though not as much as I used to.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

minis

Postby jblack on December 6th, 2002, 7:21 pm

I think most people here get some of each flavor. I also get the little, invisible flutter in the arches of my feet. I'm sure that's probably because there are a lot of tiny muscles there, not because of the cause of the twitch.

It seems pretty clear that the appearance and sensation of the twitch wouldn't tell a doctor much. It's not about that -- it's about whether the muscles are dying and the part of your body getting weaker. That's not happening, so you don't have ALS. It's that simple. Isn't life great?!
jblack

Postby Arron on December 7th, 2002, 11:09 am

All I can say is what tlotoxl said, "If you go back through the forum you'll find a plethora of messages about twitches ranging from 'tingling' to full-on arm jerkers."

Doesn't anybody read any of the posts on here before they post questions that have been answered over and over and over and over again?

And I can't agree more with what jblack said, "It seems pretty clear that the appearance and sensation of the twitch wouldn't tell a doctor much. It's not about that -- it's about whether the muscles are dying and the part of your body getting weaker. That's not happening, so you don't have ALS. It's that simple."

Between those two quotes from those two people, about sums it all up!
Arron

Postby Joanne on December 7th, 2002, 12:19 pm

Aaron,
I can understand you may get frustrated by reading the same old post over and over again, but i think people come to this forum looking for answers and alot of us think our symptom are different or not the same as others and need reassurance...if we can't ask the same questions over and over again and get feed back and re-assurance where are we suppose to go.....how many of us have asked our neuro over and over again until we finally believe the dx?
I think you are being a little harsh.....don't get me wrong i love your post and you have great advice and are a wonderful supporter of us on here but i think your off the mark on this one.
Just a friendly little reply.....;)
Joanne
Joanne

Postby SoJerseyMom on December 7th, 2002, 8:12 pm

I've had those little "flutters" in the instep of my foot too. Lately I've been getting them in the eyelid, which is very annoying. But these seem pretty common with BFS.
SoJerseyMom

Postby Arron on December 8th, 2002, 2:05 pm

Joanne, point well taken. You're right. :oops:
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS