Moving fasiculations

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Moving fasiculations

Postby Guest on December 4th, 2002, 11:15 pm

Okay, so am I right in assuming that if you have fasiculations in your finger one day, and in your foot the next, and buzzing in your calves periodically, for that matter other places too, that it is most likely BFS? I also have twitching in my upper back, and in my rear end, and upper thighs. It is scaring the heck out of me. Also does anyone else feel as though it has settled (ALS that is) in their hand one day and swear it has weakness, and then when twitching either moves or stops, swear it is somewhere else? I have been quite certain that it was starting in my hand, then my tongue... still feel as though I can't talk, though everyone else says I am doing just fine. Now I feel it with cramping and twitching in my left leg. Does anyone else have these episodes? the twitching is driving me nuts... It only comes where I have a continuous twitch somewhere once or twice a day for about 5-6 minutes, and than I have larger jerking twitches that happen 10-15 times a day. When they are small I can still usually see them move my finger back and forth slightly, and make the middle of my foot jump.. when they are larger they make me actually jerk. I have been to SEVERAL doctors, none of which think anything is wrong since I am under 25 and a woman, they attribute it to stress, especially since there is no weakness upon exam. I live in B.F. Egypt... so going to a neuro is out of the question, especially since they can't really help if anything is wrong anyway. Any help you could give me would be great! Thanks in advance!
Liz

Postby tlotoxl on December 5th, 2002, 1:36 am

Sounds like perhaps you need some of Arron's tough love to sort you out ;)

Everything you describe sounds familiar. My fasciculations move all over the place, and I've also become obsessed with locations one after the other -- one day thinking that my fingers are clumsy and weak, the next thinking my legs are, and the next day thinking that my tongue is becoming effected. Perhaps you need an EMG to work things out, but in any case your symptoms are not so different from the rest of us here, and certainly sound a lot like mine.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

sounds familiar...

Postby jblack on December 5th, 2002, 12:17 pm

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I'm having a bad day today. Woke up with aching in my hands and forearms. I've also had the misfortune of having some food not go down the last two days -- which is probably something that always happened, but now when it happens it screams "ALS!!" at me. The anxiety is getting rough again, after a good patch. I can't wait until my appointment next wednesday. I'll stay strong if you will guest!

jesse.
jblack

Postby Joanne on December 5th, 2002, 12:31 pm

You sound very similiar to me...i have been dx with bcfs, which means i cramp along with twitch...so there are days i have felt like i have been run over by a truck...thank goodness those sx have not showed their ugly head in awhile (of course now they will). I get those nasty finger twitches..i am going through a spell of them right now...in fact i had a day where it was non-stop in my pointer finger and convinced myself it was something awful...but it is now slowing down and yesterday i don't think i twitched at all in that finger....of course right now as i am typing this my finger just started to wiggle back and forth...but when i look at it there is a part of my hand that i see the skin twitching which is what is actually making my finger twitch....you are in good company here....alot of us bfs'er have similiar sx.
Try not to stress over it too much. Read back on some old post..infact i posted recently on my hands feeling weird and i was stressing big time, but to be honest they feel pretty good today...another thing i notice for me anyway is it comes in cycles...sx for 1-2 weeks then i am fine again. strange, weird, but benign.
Sorry to ramble on....:)
Joanne
Joanne

Postby Arron on December 5th, 2002, 12:36 pm

"Okay, so am I right in assuming that if you have fasiculations in your finger one day, and in your foot the next, and buzzing in your calves periodically, for that matter other places too, that it is most likely BFS?"

"Most likely BFS?" Of course it's BFS!!! It certainly isn't ANYTHING even remotely close to ALS symptoms, what so ever... :)
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS