age?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

age?

Postby Brian_B on November 27th, 2002, 12:51 pm

how old were you when you started twitching and how old you are? Im 27 and started a little over a year ago or so.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on November 27th, 2002, 1:50 pm

I'm 40 now and have been twitching and tremoring and all of the rest of the BFS junk for 2 years.
Arron

Postby jblack on November 27th, 2002, 2:07 pm

28 -- a little less than 2 months ago.
jblack

Postby paranoid on November 27th, 2002, 3:51 pm

I'm 37 and I started this crap 6 months ago!
paranoid

Postby Joanne on November 27th, 2002, 4:15 pm

33 when it started 16 months ago.
Joanne
Joanne

Postby Debbs on November 27th, 2002, 11:22 pm

Hi ya Brian,

I am 42 and my twitching started when I was 36. Yikes !! 6 years

:lol:
Debbs

Postby tlotoxl on November 28th, 2002, 12:25 am

if you don't mind digging through it, there's a lot of age and onset of twitching info in the bfs survey thread:

http://nextination.com/aboutbfs/forums/ ... c.php?t=79

i'm 27 and have been twitching for 2.5 years, though the first year was mostly just tingling.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nole on November 29th, 2002, 6:53 pm

Im 26 and started twitching 6 months ago (what a difference time has made, twitches were very bad in the beginning and barely there now!!)
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby j on December 1st, 2002, 11:24 am

27 and it started close to my birthday...
j
j

Postby guest on December 1st, 2002, 12:18 pm

I´m 20, twitching for 5 months

Postby Guest on December 2nd, 2002, 4:56 pm

27, twitching for 3.5 months.

Postby Guest on December 3rd, 2002, 2:26 am

I'm 27. I've noticed twitching since I was 14. When I was 22, I noticed twitching that lasted for weeks at a time. About 8 months ago, my longest non-stop twitch started in my thumb. It is still going. Same place, same way.

Postby sooz on December 3rd, 2002, 2:28 am

Hmm, I just wrote the message above. 27 seems like a pretty common age. I wonder.
sooz

Postby jblack on December 3rd, 2002, 11:14 am

Pretty common time to be confronting one's mortality, filled with anxiety, etc. Not common at ALL to be coming down with major neurological disorders.

;-)
jblack

Postby Arron on December 3rd, 2002, 2:56 pm

twitches are not "major" neurological things, no matter what age you get them, if ever. They are twitches and that is it. It's not like you can't walk, talk, eat, sleep, run or do any of the mostly normal things in life because you happen to have some twitches. It is the fear of having something much more serious (ALS) that is dehabilitating. So you twitch, so what? Once you have been cleared by an EMG and a clinical exam, why keep worrying or obsession over it. There is NO reason to and there are certainly MUCH worse things you could have that are indeed "serious", and MANY people have these serious things and still function MUCH better than some of the people on here, which just goes to show you that some people need more "help" but just aren't seeking it.

When I see my brother, who was paralyzed from the chest down when he crashed his Ducati several years ago run his 1,500 acre almond and walnut ranch as well as his machine shop with mills, lathes, drills, saws, welders and so on and watch him ride motocycles with special gear that he invented, patented, uses and sells and the custom built wheel chairs the he re-designed and builds and see him do all of the other "normal" things in life and then hear someone whine that they can't go outside because they have a little twitch here and there, it's just sad and it just goes to show that some people need help. Twitching is NOT bad. The doctor that did that lame 6.7% study has BFS also, but does he hide in his house or quit doing the normal things in life over some small twitches? No way and neither should ANY of YOU. get off your butt, call a doctor and get help! That's why help is available.

Yes, I have twitches too, for 2 stinking years, as well as tremors, fatigue, shakes, jolts, jumps, thumpers, aches and pains and all of the other crap too, but I still go to work, play with my kid, go to the races, go camping, ride my motorcycles, drive my cars, fish, hunt and everything else I like to do because NO ONE should waste their life away over a stupid little twitch that is "benign", and neither should YOU.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Questions About BFS