Progression

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Progression

Postby Jen on November 19th, 2002, 8:43 pm

This is for the long-time BFS'ers (1 or more years). Do you think that your symptoms progressively worsen as time goes on? My fascics started about 1 year ago, but the other symptoms (buzzing, numbish feelings, exercise intolerance, etc.) have been going on for a few years, getting a bit worse each year. I'm just curious as to what others have noticed for themselves. :?:
Jen

Postby Brian_B on November 20th, 2002, 12:24 am

I dont think mine have gotten any worse and is about a year but then again I take medicine that seems to supress a lot of the twitches
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Guest on November 21st, 2002, 3:49 pm

Brian, what medicine are you talking about that suppresses the twitches?

Postby Brian_B on November 21st, 2002, 9:24 pm

neurontin
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Progression

Postby Kannie on November 30th, 2002, 11:42 pm

My twitches haven't gotten worse with time, they just seem to wax and wane. Some days are very twitchy and others are mild, then there are long periods with no twitches noticeable at all.
Kannie

Postby RESTLESS GUY on December 5th, 2002, 1:53 pm

i HAVE NOTICED MORE TWITCHING IN DIFFERENT AREAS OVER A 2 YR PERIOD. I HAVE 3 NUEROS AND THEY SAY JUST BENIGN. I AM ALWAYS TWITCHING SOMEWHERE. MOST MY TWITCHES ARE HIT AND RUN COMPARED TO ONE SPOT AT ATIME THAT I HAD IN THE BEGINNING. I TWITCH MORE AND HAVE WEIRD FEELINGS TREMORS AND SKIN FEELING MORE SENSITIVE. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT MAKES THEM DISAPATE. VITAMINS,MAG SUPPLEMENTS,MASSAGES,DIET, DRUGS LIKE ANTIVAN ETC...IF YOU START TWITCHING I READ THAT IT WILL NEVER EVER GO AWAY COMPLETELY, BECAUSE IT IS A VIRUS THAT HAS ATTACKED THE IMMUNE SYSTEM. SOMETIMES I THINK IT IS GETTING BETTER THEN MY BODY MUST HEAR MY SUBCONSCIOUS, BECAUSE IT THEN GOES TWITCHY EVERYWHERE. ESPECIALYY WHEN LYING IN BED IN AM.....
RESTLESS GUY

Postby Joanne on December 5th, 2002, 3:52 pm

I would say mine come in cycles.....each a little better...if i compared myself to where i was 16 mths ago when this whole thing started i would have to say i have gotten better....but i still get sx that i freak out about :)

I guess i have come to realize my body will never be the same, but i guess whose is as you age.....

Joanne
Joanne

Postby Arron on December 7th, 2002, 11:05 am

Hey, we ALL get worse things happening as we get older. I mean I can hardly put my socks on while standing up anymore and I can't jump-up and kick the ceiling any more, like I used to be able to when I was in martial arts years ago, and I can't rid a skate board like I did years ago either, so what? EVERYONE get's worse with age and as long as you have symptoms, (even twitching) they might or might not get worse as time goes on as well. As long as the progression isn't abnormal and fast moving, because then it might not be so "normal" and medical attantion might be needed. You would know that after the first year for sure though.

Restless guy said; "IF YOU START TWITCHING I READ THAT IT WILL NEVER EVER GO AWAY COMPLETELY, BECAUSE IT IS A VIRUS THAT HAS ATTACKED THE IMMUNE SYSTEM"

What a line of Sh*t!! :roll: NO ONE knows what causes the twitching and there is not one single study yet with confirming evidence pointing one way or the other on what exactly causes frequent twitching, so who ever told you that, or wherever you read that, was totally wrong or full of sh#t!
Arron

Postby Brian_B on December 7th, 2002, 1:38 pm

actually the virus is a theory as to why people twitch, it might be right, it might be wrong, but its a theory just like anything else.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SoJerseyMom on December 7th, 2002, 8:00 pm

Jen, I would have to say my symptoms have gotten better, especially the numbness and tingling sensations. The twitches come and go and have moved to new places. It originally started just in the calves.
SoJerseyMom

Postby Arron on December 8th, 2002, 2:04 pm

That was my point... THEORIES are NOT Facts and whoever said that BFS is "caused" by a virus, and saying it as a factual statement is full of crap. It is only a theory, just like the other ten million theories on it out there. If there was a known cause, then cartainly some type of treatment or cure would follow, and so far, that is not the case.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS