Spasms

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Spasms

Postby Amylou29 on December 8th, 2016, 9:05 am

Hi all, I'm over 3 years in and still twitching constantly! For the last 2 nights I've had terrible sharp pains in my inner calf, it's like they're going to cramp but do t quite get there. They size up then relax over and over, it's carrying on in the day too. I am twitching ALOT in that calf.
Is this part of bfs? I've never had cramping before, why would it start now? 3 years in?
Thanks, Amy.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Spasms

Postby leaflea on December 8th, 2016, 12:37 pm

I am just over three years in as well. I have cramped from the start, but still have a new symptom. Just when I thought I've had them all - now it is the shortness of breath, sort of holding my breath (unconsciously) and then gasping. It is the constantly moving and changing nature of bfs. Yes, it is all bfs.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Amylou29 on December 9th, 2016, 5:03 am

That must be awful for you! Why does bfs cause that!
I'm not sure why I'm getting this cramping all of a sudden, of course I've got myself all worked up again and I'm sure that's not making things any better!
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on December 9th, 2016, 6:13 pm

I have a question, I have read on the Internet from a man who has been diagnosed with something other than bfs that it's medical jargon meaning the Drs don't actually know much about it, is this right as when I asked my gp about the cramps being part of bfs she said she really had no idea! I'm just wondering whom exactly we are supposed to go to for advice if our own gp's don't seem to know much about this.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on December 11th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Also, I've measured my calfs and my left is smaller than my right by 1 inch?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on December 12th, 2016, 5:28 am

Not that anyone's reading this but just been to dr who agrees left leg is smaller than right but said it can be normal. Arranged blood work and emg at my request.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS