How many of you have pain?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

How many of you have pain?

Postby Arkansan on December 8th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Hey folks, long time no see.

Well I'm back for the moment. I'm having lots of pain here lately and it's freaking me out. Particularly in my right wrist/hand, but some in the forearm as well. I get a little bit of it in my left as well. I noticed this sometime last week. Now I'm having some around my ankles as well and my right ankle feels sort of weird and "light" if that makes sense.

I'm afraid these pains could be cramps. They are not crippling or even really severe but rather this dull ache that will pulse up for a moment then go back down. When it happens I don't notice any restriction of or difficulty with movement. My doctor said a few years back that in theory it could be a cramp in the smaller thinner muscles in those regions but didn't seem to convinced that's what they are. I watched a co-worker have hand cramp at work the other day and he jerked his hand back like it was on fire and went to shaking it out. My pain hasn't been anything like that so far.

The pain on my right wrist seems to flair up when it's bent sometimes.

Of course I'm still having the twitching but it's not as bad as it used to be and is primarily in my calves these days.

I'm not sure what to think of all this. The only other thing I could think of would be that my Job requires some manual labor and I spent all last week in a cooler loading stacks of 12 30 packs of beer and other heavy objects.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: How many of you have pain?

Postby leroyb on December 9th, 2015, 8:15 am

I have pain. Lots and lots of it.

Whatever I have gave me the 'MS-Hug' where all your intercostal muscles squeeze together hard. Like being caught in a giant vice grips.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on December 9th, 2015, 10:12 am

no wonder you have dull pains with such a load, and especially in the working part of the body - wrist, arm etc.

I do have pains but they are of two types - either spasms all over the body (inculding intercostal muscles on the lower ribs) - there were years when I hardly could get down without quite strong pain in the rib cage, and I have pains like muscle inflammation - pretty strong, I would say 6 of ten (I have to take painkiller) usually it happens once or twice per year quite out of the blue (usually in times of stress).
both are with me for years so I do not consider they are related to the sinister disorders.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nickston on December 9th, 2015, 11:56 am

I am having the same kinds of symptoms as you right now Yuliasir. Mostly twitching during the year, but maybe 2 times a year I will get a "flare up" where all symptoms are worse, muscle and joint pains, aching, extra twitching, cramping/spasms, just a general feeling of "inflammation" all over the body. Glad to see I am not alone.
nickston
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby pinprick on January 3rd, 2016, 2:49 pm

pulsing pain ... it is coming and going every 2 second for example somewhere ... then finally it goes
dull pain too.
sudden bee stinging pain that pulse again and again like being poked again and again in the same area by a big needle
... etc
I find out that quiting caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate) reduce all of this. I have rarely those bee sting sensations now.

It is part of that crap.

I had an emg/ncv test and it is showing a slowing down of the nerve speed ...
I am taking Lyrica too.
Idiopathic SFN (head to toes) ... auto-immune related
pinprick
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS