EMG results

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG results

Postby aklap on November 11th, 2002, 12:16 am

EMG results state..."Mild to moderately severe sensorimotor polyneuropathy affecting the lower extremities". I have an appt. with neuro in January. Has anybody else had similar results? Waiting til January is going to drive me nuts. I'm trying to remain calm about this - but at times I have myself wheelchair bound with MS.

Thanks,
Al
aklap
Interested
Interested

Postby Davidd on November 11th, 2002, 10:22 am

I do not know what those EMG results mean but was wondering if there's a way for you to get in touch with the neurologist sooner in order to help alleviate your fears? January probably seems like light years away to you and at the very least perhaps you can call the neurologist and just speak to him/her on the phone for a few minuted to discuss the results?

I hope everything works out well...but I would try to get in touch with him sooner if possible.

Keep us posted!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby aklap on November 11th, 2002, 1:34 pm

Thanks for your response...I feel better about it today. All I can do is give my worries to God and go from there. When the neuro said that I had PN - he said there is a bunch of causes for it. I found on one of the many websites I was on last night that 30-70% of PN cases never have a real cause found. I'm assuming that's after all the nasty stuff is ruled out.

Jan is the soonest - I've tried. I'm on a cancellation list so that if there is a chance to move up in the order, they'll do it. I'm probably #432 on the cancel list :)

Thanks,
al
aklap
Interested
Interested

Postby Guest on November 11th, 2002, 8:18 pm

Thanks for your response...I feel better about it today. All I can do is give my worries to God and go from there. When the neuro said that I had PN - he said there is a bunch of causes for it. I found on one of the many websites I was on last night that 30-70% of PN cases never have a real cause found. I'm assuming that's after all the nasty stuff is ruled out.

Jan is the soonest - I've tried. I'm on a cancellation list so that if there is a chance to move up in the order, they'll do it. I'm probably #432 on the cancel list :)

Thanks,
al

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS