Body Dysmorphic Disorder and BFS? ALS Obsession?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Body Dysmorphic Disorder and BFS? ALS Obsession?

Postby RIno468 on September 10th, 2015, 10:33 am

Has anyone who has seen any sort of real counseling for the anxiety they have encountered with their paralyzing fear of ALS - all while suffering from BFS - has any counselor / therapist ever said that you had Body Dysmorphic Disorder ? I just ask because it dawns on me that we are all suffering from that to a degree..

Looking for dents or atrophy in our bodies.

My hands and feet are small (I am small boned) and always have been I THINK - but im so focused on them lately -- that they are atrophying away and getting smaller and smaller.

My wrist and feet are definitely different (one is thinner than the other) but theyu are both so thin (while I am not a thin a person my hands are)

So all I focus on is my hands and feet, measuring them, looking for dents, making a fist with both hands or curling both feet and "racing" them to see which has a slower reaction.

All the while the stress that comes with that obsession of course ramps up my twitches like no other.

Just wondering if anyone has felt / thought / or been told that they have some sort of form of this.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Body Dysmorphic Disorder and BFS? ALS Obsession?

Postby Xina535 on September 10th, 2015, 11:38 am

I have never heard of this before.

Any therapist I've had so far has only ever said it is all in my head, all caused psycho-somatically. They believed the herniations, the plexus brachial neuritis/abnormal EMG and positive ANAs, but still said my twitching, atrophy, pain, and adding new to the list just last night, the diarrhea, are all made up from my mind.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Re: Body Dysmorphic Disorder and BFS? ALS Obsession?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS