pain behind knee + weak muscles

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

pain behind knee + weak muscles

Postby electroman on July 14th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Hope someone can help me with this. Anxiety has set on again.
I have pain behind knee after running a few kilometers. It gets bad to the point I have to come back home walking when I try to go out jogging.
When I reach the 4th / 5th km mark it starts to hurt. And everywhere I read says that most of the times pain behind knee is due to weak
muscles. So fasciculations non stop + weak muscles = bad news

I have been twitching for 3 years +

Starting to go nuts again
electroman

Re: pain behind knee + weak muscles

Postby wjjw on July 14th, 2015, 5:45 pm

I give up. How could it be that you read that everywhere you look, and I can't find it within a few google searches? Do you see it here? Its from the mayo clinic--weakness does not appear.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20029534

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on July 14th, 2015, 9:35 pm

electroman,
don't you think you just damaged your knee by running? This is where most runners end up - not in ALS clinic, but in surgery.

I know you may say you were running for years and it was Ok - well, it WAS. It is not anymore. Long term running damages the knees. It is so common and so understandable that this should come forst as an amswer to "what is going on".

Go to surgeon. Most probably you have a kind of tendinitis, and it is curable and does not mean any weakness etc.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby electroman on July 19th, 2015, 9:52 am

I never had any problems before bfs with running. And I have never been a serious runner, just casual. Now my left leg is killing me, specially tight and knee. And I have this tendon snapping behind my right knee, which is a rare thing too. And I really hope this is all BFS related, although the fact that it never gets better but worse and worse it's quite frightening.
Today my left tight is gurgling and I have pains in my inner and outer tight and a painful feeling behind left knee. So no, I don't think I damaged my two knees by just running a few kilometers, this is all related to whatever is messing up my nervous system, benign or not.

I would really like to know if someone in this forum has this tendon snapping behind the knee or pain and issues with knees. I'm just trying to figure out if it could be a bfs thing or something else...
electroman

Postby nickston on July 19th, 2015, 10:48 pm

electroman,

Yes, I have had the tendon snapping. It happens once a year or two, during major flare ups. and it happens all over my body. it's very distressing. but every time it has gone away after some time. usually it takes a couple months for it to subside. usually what helps is relaxation, mild exercise, eating right, and IGNORING it. eventually goes away. most recently it happened this spring but it went away after awhile.
nickston
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS