Feel worst at night

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Feel worst at night

Postby MariaE. on November 8th, 2002, 10:26 am

Do symptoms seem to get worst for any of you at night time or late in the afternoon? I feel pretty good during the day - of course, I still twitch especially in my left calf but overall feel good during the day. Towards the afternoon/evening I seem to have more twitches, sometimes feel the tingling, "pins and needle", or patches of numbness including sometimes the rubbery feeling on the legs or arms. I was wondering if any other here has the same problem. Last night was pretty bad for me, I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and kept tossing and turning, couldn't seem to go back to sleep, my arms felt heavy, my neck hurt - it almost felt like I was wearing a heavy necklace!!!! Is this a typical sign of BSF? I have been reading the posts regarding the Fibro and I have a lot of the symptoms on the list (I would say about 80 or 85%). I am beginning to think that both conditions are related. Thank you in advance for your replies :)
MariaE.
MariaE.

Postby Guest on November 8th, 2002, 1:56 pm

My symptoms are under control right now but when this forst hit me the night was the worst. It was very hard to relax and focus on winding down for he day when your body is jumping all over. I do not have pain, but it does sound like you may have fibro symptoms. Try not to think about it, thats probably why you dont notice them that much during the day (because you are busy) Also by the end of the day you are tired and that makes the twitches worse. Sleep is a must with BFS so try and relax and hopefully your symptoms will begin to subside.

Postby Davidd on November 8th, 2002, 3:26 pm

I have to agree that the symptoms do seem worse in the afternoon and evening. I really think it has to do with being tired because when I am wide awake after a very good nights sleep (which is hardly ever!) the twitches don't bother me at all; but, when I have a bad nights sleep, the next day is usually awful.

In general, I find that there are bad days and good days (even without regard to sleep). If you are having trouble sleeping, perhaps try seeing a doctor about a medicine that might help you sleep. I think not sleeping is much worse than the side effects of any medicine.

Keep us posted!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tlotoxl on November 9th, 2002, 2:44 am

I'm worst at night. I think it's partly from fatigue but, in my case, it's mostly because my mind is more free to focus on the symptoms.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby MariaE. on November 11th, 2002, 9:23 am

Thanks for the replies. I am also beginning to think I that feel better during the day because I am busy and not paying so much attention to my body and whatever "weird" symptoms it decides to throw at me! :)
MariaE.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS