Ice pick headaches?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Ice pick headaches?

Postby RachelLee on April 22nd, 2015, 2:20 pm

Okay, just wondering if anybody on here has ever experienced an ice pick headache. I have never experienced a migraine before in my life, but I have had these brief, intense, 3-10 second head ache pains that match the description of what most people commonly refer to as an ice pick headache.

http://www.achenet.org/resources/ice_pick_headaches__the_basics/

To quote from the article,

"They are intense, sharp, stabbing pain about your skull, as if you were being stabbed with an ice pick."

I typically get them on the sides of my head, for some reason. But some people even get them along their neck, jawline, or behind their eye. I actually think I've gotten some around my jaw, but attributed it to a mild form of TMJ.

Supposedly they are not serious, and have not been found to be linked to any concerning underlying condition, but I just wondered if anybody else on here has ever experienced this sensation. I'm wondering if with me, it's from lack of water or being stressed (which I have been this week, since I'm preparing for final exams) but, ever so often I get them, but it's one of those things where it only lasts a few seconds, so it's easy to forget about. What made me think of BFS is the fact that I can liken the way they come and go to muscle twitches. The ice pick headaches sometimes leave just as fast as they show up. It's weird. And they're very sporadic, and not consistent enough to be a total and complete pain, but when they do show up, for a brief second I just pause and freak out a little bit.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Re: Ice pick headaches?

Postby Ghayes420 on April 22nd, 2015, 3:40 pm

I had the ice pick headaches you talk about at the very beginning 3.5 years ago when this started. They lasted only seconds. It was very strange. I received a dx of occipital neuralgia and they went away on their own after about 2-3 months.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Re: Ice pick headaches?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS