muscular chest pain

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

muscular chest pain

Postby ro dash on November 7th, 2002, 7:43 pm

Someone who posted a reply talked about pain under rib, especially when she takes a breath. I get that so much. I one time ended up in the emergency room because the pain was so severe. They said it was muscular chest pain. I went about a year and a half not having it and then in April, it happened again, really bad, but I didn't go to the ER. Now I get it on and off and it is so annoying--well not as annoying as the twitching. Any one else out there get this muscular chest pain??? Also, I wanted to thank who ever recommended that book "stop worrying about your health" It is a great book and I recommend it to all the worriers out there, which sounds like all of us!!!!!
Bye for now

roe dash
ro dash

Postby Guest on November 7th, 2002, 7:58 pm

Glad to here you liked the book. I am the one who recommended it. I thought it was very helpful also, actually I think totally different know since I have read it (funny how something so simple can put your mind back into perspective) Glad to hear it is helping others. I am 26 years old and have had muscular chest pains since I was a kid. They are not to bad or frequent but it does hurt when you breath in for sure. Had them checked when I was a kid and was told it is a very common thing to have. I dont get them often but I know how they feel. I get palpatations out of no where that bothers me more, but also was told that is very common and nothing to worry about. All this benign stuff is a pain, but at least its benign. Keep thinking positive, my twitches are 100 times better now, with time, patience, and controlling your worries I am sure yours will subside also. Good Luck

NOLE

Postby Jen on November 7th, 2002, 8:15 pm

I have gotten the pain under my rib as well. I had it a lot while growing up. My pediatrician showed me a "trick" to dealing with it, and usually works for me. When the pain first appears, I take several quick, short breaths until the pain begins to subside. I then take one very slow breath, carefully, until I am assured that the pain is gone. If I start to feel the pain during the long breath, then I resume the short breaths. Be careful not to hyperventilate!!!! I can usually get rid of the annoying pain within a minute or so.
Jen

Postby Arron on November 7th, 2002, 11:05 pm

I get that all of the time. It's like the lowest two ribs are pinching the tissure between them and man does it hurt. I also get back pain at the same level of the ribs, so I think it might just be a vertabrae out or something. I have had this since just before all of this BFS crap started and I get it a few times a week for an hour or so here and there.

I saw a post on the Brain Talk.org web site where someone posted a list of Fibromyalgia symptoms, much like the post on this site but different, and rib pain was one of the more prominent symptoms. There are a LOT of symptoms in BFS and Fibro that over lap and like I've said a few times before, a percentage of doctors believe they are both one in the same, or at least related in some way.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS