"Deep, non visible" vibrating twitches?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

"Deep, non visible" vibrating twitches?

Postby nonstoptwitcher on January 7th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Hey all,

I've been twitching for years now, but a few days ago I got this new weird sensation. I can describe it as a 'phone vibrating from inside' my leg.

It feels different from my usual twitches, since:
- It's a vibrating/buzzing sensation, all my other twitches are of the jerking kind
- I can't see it through my skin, while I can notice my regular twitches clearly.
- It feels more fine in nature, but I can still clearly feel it.
- It feels it comes from a more deeper spot inside my leg, instead of directly under my skin like I'm used to. I can't exactly pinpoint its location, but it appears in my right leg, just above the knee. It hasn't migrated to other muscle groups so far.
- If I put my fingers on the affected muscle group I can't feel the buzzing through my fingertips.

The buzzing feeling tends to come up after a minute or-so of walking. While walking after that first minute it's 50/50 whether the buzzing presents itself during a step (while lifting the leg) or not. If I sit down afterward the buzzing continues. If I poke the affected muscle group the buzzing starts immediately, too. After half an hour of buzzing it goes away and I usually don't feel the buzzing again until I start walking for more than a minute again. I still get the usual jerky twitches too.

I slept on my right side while lying a hard floor a few days ago thanks to a hole in my air mattress (I slept over at a friend's place), so perhaps the muscles in that leg are irritated or something? It didn't present itself until a day after that, though.

It doesn't impede my mobility nor do I feel like the affected muscles are weaker. I can work out normally. Therefore I doubt it's something scary and I was just wondering if it's common in BFS. Thanks in advance!
nonstoptwitcher
Interested
Interested

Re: "Deep, non visible" vibrating twitches?

Postby anxietysucks on January 7th, 2015, 1:38 pm

Can't tell you how many times I have checked the phone that wasn't in my pocket. Happens all the time. I get them in my feet as well. Especially left foot.
anxietysucks
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby trustme78 on January 7th, 2015, 1:43 pm

I have had the same thing (still do from time to time). For me it presented in my right foot. I had it every day for weeks. A buzzing, rhythmic vibrating feeling. I couldn't see it, nor feel it from the outside. Exercise seemed to trigger it or make it worse. But it gradually disappeared - I still have it from time to time but it got a lot better.

I saw a neuro over this and she wasn't concerned. I had various clinical exams, MRT and EMG - everything fine.

I remember doing a lot of "research" on these forums and finding various accounts of people who more or less went through the same thing.

Good luck and don't worry too much!
trustme78

Postby Xina535 on January 19th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Hi - I too have this. Comes and goes in my left leg and is currently happening in my left arm. You described it really well, I've always had a hard time describing it. I think if you search "buzzing" or "vibrating" on here, it will result in many post from BFSers.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS