my third needle EMG shows

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

my third needle EMG shows

Postby cathy on November 6th, 2002, 3:41 pm

can someone please tell me if they have ever heard of somebody having positive sharp waves,and complex repetitive disharges,no definite active denervation found on needle EMG,motor units fine as are recruitment and interference pattern...still considered benign by neuro...your thoughts greatly appreciated.[/b]
cathy

Postby Arron on November 7th, 2002, 2:16 am

"still considered benign by neuro", That in itself should tell you it isn't anything to worry about... don't try to over analize it. Not everyone is perfect inside and that is OK. It doesn't mean anything bad is going-on and if it was something bad, your neuro certainly wouldn't have called it "benign". Try the BrainTalk.org web site out under "neuromuscular" and you'll find numerous people with sharp waves and complex discharges that have had it for years and are just fine. BENIGN... even your neuro said it... relax :-) no need to worry...
Arron

still benign

Postby cathy on November 7th, 2002, 12:05 pm

thank you so much aaron,i allready feel some releif,i will check out those sites you mentioned,just hearing that you have seen posts out there of people with similar stories and still are benign is comforting to me....again thank you so very much. :) [/b]
cathy

Postby Craig on December 17th, 2002, 5:40 pm

Cathy,

Just curious as to whether or not there is any new information from the docs/neuros. Please update us all when you get the chance.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

update

Postby cathy2002 on December 18th, 2002, 12:25 am

[quote="Craig"]Cathy,

Just curious as to whether or not there is any new information from the docs/neuros. Please update us .
Hi Craig,
I've been given some bad news,i had a modified barium swallow for the difficulties of food getting stuck in my throat,the test was very abnormal..the speech patholigist says that their is food collecting in a pocket that is formed from the base of tongue and epiglottis,also saw food on top of epiglottis..on some of the swallows food pops back up towards my nasopharynx,that is why ive been having the sensation of food trying to go up my nose..but never has gone up or out completly..thank goodness,it also takes several attempts to swallow to try and get my food down..with the food that stays in that pouch it can be dangerous for me as well as the other things that are not working properly in the throat,they say my Pharynx is likely weak and this would be due to some type of neurological problem..i have had swallowing difficulties for 1.5 yrs.I still suffer with bodywide fasciculations,cramps,stiffness,brisk reflexes,face/jaw pain..i have also found out i have lactic acidosis that was a 7..considered very high,after running up 3 1/2 flights of stairs..i'm very scared as i may be at risk for aspiration due to the dysphagia.I'm waiting for appt with neuro to go over the test results,test should be in by friday..and of course neuro isn't working that day,so i'll try and have her phone the patholigist so i can hopefully see her before x-mas holidays..i'll keep you informed.
Thanks for your reply,.....hope you are feeling well,
Cathy
cathy2002

update

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS