Tongue Twitching

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tongue Twitching

Postby reanne2489 on November 4th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Hi all,

I never really look at my tongue, but read something about how ALS patients with Bulbar onset never feel the twitches in their tongue and that it looks like the tongue is quivering over a bag of worms.

I looked at mine brushing my teeth last night and this morning, and whilst I know a tongue can never sit completely still, i felt like it was quivering in the middle towards the back, and that there looked like some "wriggling" movements towards the front.

I am concerned as I read a short neurologist article that the tongue is not like other involuntary muscles where twitching can be benign, and that it always has some underlying cause.

But I am also trying to tell myself that bulbar onset shouldn't by accompanied by the widespread twitching and pain and I am experiencing, typically in my leg...from what I understood it should be one to the next.

Any thoughts on what to expect as a normal tongue movement compared to an ALS bulbar movement of the tongue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
reanne2489

Re: Tongue Twitching

Postby LKP1231 on November 4th, 2014, 7:25 pm

There have been many posts on this lately. Tongues quiver. Almost impossible to keep still. Read some recent posts about tongues. You'll feel better.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: Tongue Twitching

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS