Charcot Marie Tooth ??

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Charcot Marie Tooth ??

Postby reanne2489 on November 3rd, 2014, 6:55 am

Hi all,

I don't know if you guys know much about this neurological disorder...I was wondering if my symptoms are indicative of asking for a test for this...

Obviously I have all over twitching, but it's really fixed in my left leg and foot. This has been for the past 2 months. My calf muscle is very tight and I get cramp in the leg after exercise and in the feet randomly. Also the foot is very very sore, and has been so for the past 2 weeks- mainly the arch hurts- no pain in ball or heel of foot. I keep getting anxious that it looks either like this foot is slightly less "meaty" than the right foot or that the arch is higher than the right, and that it might be developing into a pes cavus foot. The left foot is definitely different to the right - i just dont know how quickly a pes cavus foot would form and how it would feel, or if this is atrophy linked to ALS. I have read of fasciculations also being connected to CMT so wanted to gauge people's thoughts.

Thanks
reanne2489

Re: Charcot Marie Tooth ??

Postby TwitchyDoc on November 3rd, 2014, 11:13 am

CMT has some classical features, such as loss of reflexes and gait abnormalities resulting from the weakness of lower legs, including the feet. Also, numbness is quite common in these areas.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby Rages on December 10th, 2014, 6:17 am

I've got the same problems in my right leg and foot, did you find an answer ?
Rages

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS