Long timer here

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Long timer here

Postby Tui on October 27th, 2014, 5:48 pm

My journey with BFS began back in 2006 and if you go back and read my original posts you will see that I was experiencing a number of symptoms. Symptoms began suddently with a single eye twitch and then gradually progressed to widespread twitching, buzzing, pins and needles, eye floaters, tinnitus, etc etc...

Well, it is now 8 years later. My single most common symptom is pins and needles - I can't really sit on my feet (on the floor) for prolonged periods without getting pins and needles, and my arms will frequently fall asleep while I am sleeping. Sometimes I get twitches but not that frequently anymore. Buzzy feeling in feet also sometimes happens. I've noticed though that my symptoms get aggravated when I'm under stress (e.g. at work). They also depend on my monthly cycle so there could be some hormonal connection.

During the past 8 years I've given birth to two beautiful boys and my life continues as normal. I no longer fear ALS or MS. That is not to say that my hypochondria hasn't progressed to other ailments. I've had several cancers on the list... So while I don't have answers for you to say what's causing all of these symptoms, what I can say is that it is HIGHLY unlikely to be ALS or MS. And once you learn to accept the new "you", your stress levels will discrease and your symptoms will also reduce in their severity.

Do the necessary tests, but once you get an answer BELIEVE.
Tui

Re: Long timer here

Postby garym on October 27th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Tui, thanks for coming back and offering such great advice and for giving us an update.....I appreciate it!

Take care,
Gary
garym

Re: Long timer here

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS