hard to keep my strength

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

hard to keep my strength

Postby German2 on October 8th, 2014, 1:16 am

Dear all,

I am a 15 month twitcher, 2 years of symptoms, Hashimoto, double sided sulcus ulnar nerve syndrom and (by one neuro) suspected but not diagnosed with pnp yet...

I have a question:
It is that I loose muscle strength and volume since 2 years here and there. First in the left palm and thumb. Was reversible due to training. My inner hands look normal and symmetrical nowadays.
Then both of my hands lost some interossei muscle size and lower arms got smaller (symmetrical). I train them daily to keep my strength. Just my ulnar nerves make the according problems (burning skin at the ellbow, problems with my wrist). Then the muscle of right foot cave started to hurt and the cave got deeper...After a special training now my foot caves look similar again. Pain under foot is gone.
A few weeks ago I experienced the starting of buzzing of my left foot. It is still there, but changes its intensity during the day.
Then my legs start to feel weak.
My neuros were telling me I have to train and do sports. (Ok I skipped my daily training for my calfes for a while..)
Then I realized that my calfes, which were very strong and musculous before, are quite flabby, compared to time before...The restart of training has a positive effect. I feel the strength coming back..

But I don't understand that I have to fight to keep my normal muscle power. It seems to me that strenght can be kept that way...but the way of loosing power so fast is new to me..
I am 44. I did sports not very regular the last time (due to hashimoto problems and a very bad condition due to that, I layed in bed quite often).

Has anyone made a similar experience? To calm myself down I am telling me, that with MND muscle power does not grow again. The weakness and extend of the muscles would not decline symmetrically...hope I am right.

btw: My twitches started in lower legs and feet 15 month ago. Hotspot under left foot. Intensity of twitching seems to depend on the dose of my thyroid hormones. I can never show fasciculations. It is just too short and randomly twichting.

Would be so good to get some experience..
German
German2
Saint
Saint

Re: hard to keep my strength

Postby Xina535 on October 8th, 2014, 2:56 am

I can't explain the symptoms you are having, but I did want to let you know that I also get these thoughts: I am an average person. I exercise as the average person does. Why am I in this position where the docs say "sports, sports, sports" and why are my arm and neck muscles "weak" as they described and why did my hand get "smaller" as they described? I'm an average person so things should be just "normal", right????
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on October 8th, 2014, 5:55 am

Xina I wrote you a pn...My today's doctor's lesson: "It is all in your head and because you are over 40!" :roll:
I am told this by a neuro from als ambulance. I did not ask her to examine me, because it was private based and she has all my results. The bad thing would be that every time I was examined they would find a tiny miny thing which is not ok. That would not be good for my mental health. But it would be no neurological desease..
She was telling me about the bfs syndrom. But nobody has diagnosed me with this yet.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on October 8th, 2014, 6:45 am

German2 wrote:Xina I wrote you a pn...My today's doctor's lesson: "It is all in your head and because you are over 40!" :roll:

that is what my mom told me when I got 40. She said - eh my dear next 10-15 years would be a tough time for you and then you would be revived.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on October 8th, 2014, 6:51 am

Let's all hope your mom is right then... :wink: The last days I felt I would need a rollator to walk. Now I try harder to get my power back...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on October 8th, 2014, 9:35 am

well she is 66 now and more or less OK ;) so she knows the issue :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS