EMG

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG

Postby Bibi on October 4th, 2014, 4:36 am

I had an EMG done in my left leg and arm after 5 months with twitching mostly in left side , specially left foot but also everywhere Else , back , thigh , face etc. Now i have A question : Would The EMG in left leg had picked up if The Twitches in my left foot where related to A.. ? Twitchydoc , Can You say something about this ?
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: EMG

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 4th, 2014, 5:26 am

Depends what nerve was sampled and where. But in general, no, unless the nerve root is affected as a whole.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on October 4th, 2014, 5:37 am

TwitchyDoc wrote:Depends what nerve was sampled and where.

I Think it was in front of my leg . The neuro Who send me for EMG saw The Twitches in my foot.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 4th, 2014, 5:56 am

You mean tibialis anterior?
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on October 4th, 2014, 7:40 am

TwitchyDoc wrote:You mean tibialis anterior?

I Think so but i am not sure. It is hard to understand if They do not examine The place where The problems are ?
Thank you for your reply anyway .
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on October 4th, 2014, 7:56 am

Because therer is no matter to look for your feet muscles as they do not serve for your major foot motorics. Feet are quite similar to hands so main muscles supplying your foot motions (essential for the correct gait) are in your lower leg part.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on October 4th, 2014, 8:14 am

Yuliasir wrote:Because therer is no matter to look for your feet muscles as they do not serve for your major foot motorics. Feet are quite similar to hands so main muscles supplying your foot motions (essential for the correct gait) are in your lower leg part.

Thank You yuliasir , having bad days , i Got some cramps in my Calves and some wird feelings in my left foot specially When i just stand on The foot. The neuro asked me several time if A had cramps , thats why it worries me.and my Right leg feels so stiff and my Right foot hurts.i have also something with my Voice and feeling my tonque is to big. Yeasterday i Read on The " forbidden" site and Found A story about clean EMGs which i wished i never Read. I feel depressed and scared .
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby RIno468 on October 4th, 2014, 11:24 am

If you have a clean EMG, I would do my very best to accept that diagnosis.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on October 4th, 2014, 8:36 pm

One thing you need to do is stick to this site only. I tried not even to read here but I need this place. But I won't read elsewhere.
A clean emg is clean. That's it.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 5th, 2014, 12:25 am

Bibi, our cramps and 'strange' feelings in the feet and legs are most probably of circulatory origin. The doctor was asking you becasue it is a part of health assesement procedure. If the cramp goes off on its own or needs miinal assistance to come off, no matter how painful it is or wheter it leaves sore place after it (it will!) - it is not a sign of MND. MND causes sustained spastic activity... God spare you from it, it is really badly painful.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on October 5th, 2014, 8:09 am

Yuliasir wrote:Bibi, our cramps and 'strange' feelings in the feet and legs are most probably of circulatory origin. The doctor was asking you becasue it is a part of health assesement procedure. If the cramp goes off on its own or needs miinal assistance to come off, no matter how painful it is or wheter it leaves sore place after it (it will!) - it is not a sign of MND. MND causes sustained spastic activity... God spare you from it, it is really badly painful.

Thank You for always reply , You really are A Saint !
I had such A bad Night , now with cramps in my Right back-thigh. I have never have cramps There before. Sometimes i had Them in my feet since i was Young but never like this.i really feel this is progressing and have A breakdown today. I Read your post to LKP and i Think You are very Right about The Brain Beeing overvelmed by stress hormones for A long time.i Think that only time Can show me if it is benign or not. I really Tried to Dance , do for Walks in Nature and so on , but after A couple of weeks with new symptomes , not just twitching, i am feeling very scared and sad.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leaflea on October 5th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Bibi, Cramps are not uncommon with bfs. My neuro also asked me about them, and I told him I have not only the usual ones in my feet and calves, but also in my abdomen, exactly where I've had a hotspot. I am not sure why he asked because he wasn't impressed. It seems ALS cramps are like what Yulia describes - sustained and lasting more than a few minutes with pain that lasts a long while afterward. I now sometimes get them in my ribs and back. Twitchydoc said they are somewhat to be expected, or at least not surprised, to get some with bfs. Feet and calves almost universal and other places pretty commonplace around here. Not everyone, but common enough.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS