Spasticity? Does it last?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Spasticity? Does it last?

Postby LKP1231 on September 21st, 2014, 9:04 pm

I had a tight calf after driving for a while. It felt like a hard knot inside and was sore for days. It's almost all better now, a little sore. If you have spasticity does it stay like that or does it go away?
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: Spasticity? Does it last?

Postby RIno468 on September 21st, 2014, 9:54 pm

LK --

I am new here too.

Like you, I freaked out (still do) a lot about every little detail that I see, hear, read etc...

My advice to you -- is continue to go to your appointments -- if your doctor refers you to a neuro, it may be just to reassure you - so don't panic.

You need to relax as best you can -- everything you're feeling can be attributed to one of the following:

1) Nothing at all
2) Stress
3) Something that can be fixed
4) Something deadly serious

So you have 3 chances that its nothing serious -- I'll take those odds.

Make your appointments and do your best to relax.

If it makes you feel better -- my twitches kick up ALOT more when i get on this forum.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on September 22nd, 2014, 9:20 am

Thank you, I am following thru with a neuro. They do the testing in bits and pieces which is highly annoying so my final test is the needle emg done by the dr next Thursday. I'll have an MRI and lower body nerve conduction this week. I've never heard of separating the nerve tests into upper and lower and then separate needle test. I think it's to charge each time! I think I just had a cramped muscle for a few days. It went away along with any soreness, it was just that it was hard so it got me worried.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS