Little twitches in the palm of my hand

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Little twitches in the palm of my hand

Postby guitarguy11 on September 15th, 2014, 5:21 pm

Is it normal for BFS twitches to stay in one place for over 2 months? I have been having little twitches (some I can see and some I can't see) in the palm of my left hand between my thumb and index finger for a long time. Sometime they feel like a strange little jolting sensation that fans across the palm to the base on my other finger, but mostly it is concentrated in the area between my thumb and index finger. My hand was checked via NCV and EMG a few weeks after they started. Nothing was noted on the test. I think I am going to have to start back on my Klonapin. Thanks!
guitarguy11

Re: Little twitches in the palm of my hand

Postby physerv24 on September 15th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Not at all unusual. Many members have had hotspots for over 6 months. I've had several for 5 months now. Do a search on "hotspots" and you'll see. Also see the topic "how much do you twitch".
physerv24

Postby UFGatorGuy20 on September 16th, 2014, 10:58 am

It took me a good 6-8 months to start getting twitches in my palms. Really freaked me out because they were very fine, very persistent, and I felt weak at the same time. They didn't show up until I helped my brother move and used a strong grip repetitively for almost two days. Afterwards my hands ached, felt weak, and the twitches were very constant for almost two weeks. The twitches were below my pinky, near the carpal tunnel, and below the thumb. Drove me nuts and put my anxiety into a downward spiral. My entire thumb would twitch too and even lock in place for a second or two. I can tell you now that I completely overcame that event. Just as other hot spots have come and gone, so did the twitches in my palms. I have full strength, even completed my own house move and helped my parents move appliances the last few weekends. I do notice that if I use my hands a lot, then the twitches reappear. I think that's common with the syndrome overall. Exertion exacerbates the twitches. That's a mouthful.
UFGatorGuy20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS