Soreness in upper arms?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Soreness in upper arms?

Postby Thomas on September 2nd, 2014, 2:57 pm

OK, it is getting close to one year from the date when my arms started twitching. What seems odd is that my twitching in both arms (biceps and a bit in the triceps) has slowed down to maybe a few times a day not lasting longer than a couple minutes with each spell. Now I am experiencing what i'd describe and soreness in my biceps and at times in my triceps. It is intermittent, but notice much more when resting or typing. Is this something I should go back to the Neuro about? Or maybe the better question, does this sound like a common issue with BFS it seems odd to me that it is only in my upper arms. Muscles feel tired or burn, but no apparent weakness as I do curls. I have decided to rest my arms a few days, but still sore.
Thomas

Re: Soreness in upper arms?

Postby Yuliasir on September 3rd, 2014, 1:45 am

hi,
it might be what is called fybromyalgia (also not wery well understood condition with persistent muscle pains without inflammation), but I may also vote for circulatory issues. Upper arms are suffering from the same issues as lower legs :) so they can be sore becasue of ishemia caused by low blood supply.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Thomas on September 3rd, 2014, 7:49 am

Yuliasir, I guess I'll go back to my doc. I just feel like Is don't get anywhere. I was told by my primary care provider that I'm just getting old. Which I understand, as I am 39 and getting older every day. My neuro doc just had me do some strength tests and said everything checks out ok. However, my body seems to be saying something different. I don't really know what to do. I feel if I go back it will be the same thing. To me it appears to be nerve related, but I am not a doc. I am going to read about ischemia.

Do Fibromyalgia pains move throughout a muscle group and are a dull pain and somewhat intermittent? So this pain does not appear to be BFS related compared to other common comments on here from "BFS' ers"?

Thanks again, I really appreciate the comments as I work towards trying to figure this out.
Thomas

Postby Yuliasir on September 3rd, 2014, 10:16 am

Fybromyalgia pains (as far as I experienced them) resemble pains similar to inflammation (however witout actual inflammation process indications).

I think it would be much better to go to doctor and discuss your condition than try to find an answer in the net.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS