Does it get this bad?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Does it get this bad?

Postby silverwings87 on August 25th, 2014, 11:25 pm

Okay, I've had a few odd symptoms over the years, tremors after holding things, speech and memory issues and what not, recently in the last year so I have developed twitching in my face, hands and feet well, pretty much everywhere and lastly I have them in my tongue. Most of my twitches last for just a moment or so, some of them have lasted for a couple days. my tongue has been twitching for the last six weeks, I'm not really concerned about anything horrible going on because I seem to be talking okay still and I seem to be eating and drinking just fine. I am due to see my next neurologist in just a couple weeks. In the last couple of months my weakness/ fatigue has gotten worse in both of my arms and both of my legs, so bad that at 27 I'm having to consider the possibility of quitting my physically demanding dream job and get something less physically demanding. Even doing my hair in the morning feels like I'm trying to hold 80 pound weights in my arms. The last couple of days I've noticed that my tongue is getting fatigue as well I seem to be okay in the morning but the more I talk more weak it feels until I rest for the entire night and start again in the morning but almost get to the point were its so weak it almost hurts. Does this sound like you BFS or could there be something else going on?

I've been tested for MG, my mri shows just one nonspecific lesion and most of my blood work has come back normal.
silverwings87

Re: Does it get this bad?

Postby silverwings87 on September 2nd, 2014, 12:05 am

I guess not?
silverwings87

Postby Pascal35 on September 2nd, 2014, 5:39 am

I think you should have an EMG in both arms so you can be re assured. What did your neurologist say?
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS