EMG

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG

Postby nryanh94 on August 25th, 2014, 8:00 pm

I had an emg done today on both of my legs 4 spots in each leg. The neuro said that the emg was normal and that my clinical exam was perfectly normal. I have been twitchig for two months. Is this enough to finally rule out als. I'm worried as to of the needle was in deep enough or in the proper muscle.
nryanh94
Interested
Interested

Re: EMG

Postby nryanh94 on August 26th, 2014, 7:22 am

???
nryanh94
Interested
Interested

Postby Steph on August 26th, 2014, 9:33 am

Hi Ryan,

Yes, this should be sufficient to rule out ALS. EMG findings are highly sensitive and can detect changes before many even notice other symptoms.

Many of us have been down the same road as you are on right now, second guessing every doctor or test that suggests we don't have ALS. Several on this site have had a half dozen or more EMGs, never quite satisfied that the findings are definitive. It isn't easy to move on and accept the BFS diagnosis, but the sooner you stop looking for reassurance from doctors (once you have already had a clean clinical), the sooner you can move past the fear.

You are fine just like the rest of us (well, at least not suffering from a fatal neurological disease). Congratulations!
Steph

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS