Help me

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Help me

Postby Nikita01 on August 12th, 2014, 5:38 am

Hello, I am 27 years old MOM of 2 children I suffer from fasciculation I anywhere in the corp for 1 years. I also have twitching on the language in January I saw 2 neurologist and 1 EMG and not als its going better but since 1 month everything starts again because of muscle spasms in the eye and the leg also the language I angoiss to have ALs do you think I'll have to go once again. I also sometimes have the sensation of arm and leg weakness but I have everything days of muscle strength and I walk very well that think about you?
Nikita01
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Help me

Postby J4son on August 12th, 2014, 9:43 am

Just to put Nikita’s wording into some proper English, By corp she means body, by language she means tongue, by angoiss she means anguish and fear of having ALS. I tried to reassure her on the French forum, but seem she’s in a true state of high panic and needs some more help. If some of you folks could just provide her with some reassurance, data and your experience about why she’s ok, that would help a lot. Thanks.
J4son
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on August 12th, 2014, 10:18 am

Hi Nikita,

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. Everything you wrote is exactly BFS.

Fasciculations everywhere- Most of us have this. As I type this, I am getting them in both arms, thighs and back.
Tongue twitches- Many of us have this as well. I get them every day. I showed them to my neurologist at the Mayo Clinic and they were not concerned in the least. Its all part of BFS.
Clean EMG- This is better than many people on here. Just more proof that you are OK. My neurologist has NEVER seen a person with a clean EMG go on to develop a neuromuscular disease.
Feelings of weakness- Again, very common. People with ALS can not do normal things. And it never gets better. With BFS, the anxiety and focus we put on our bodies leads us to believe we are weak when we are not.

Please hang in there. You are just the rest of us. You're going to be fine.

-Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Nikita01 on August 12th, 2014, 11:14 am

sorry for the language im french
Nikita01
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nikita01 on August 12th, 2014, 11:15 am

lol thk u J4son mon anglais est pourri