Thighs

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Thighs

Postby bobajojo on August 3rd, 2014, 6:52 am

For those of you with the electrical looking twitches on your calves. Have you ever noticed these types of twitches going 24/7 on your thighs as well? Like twitch here, followed a second later by a twitch there, etc. I've always felt rumbling on my thighs and never really paid much attention but lately I've been checking them out and they are the quick roving type twitches just like in my calves. They are in both thighs although mainly in my left and they look JUST like my calves.

-Matt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf4SfQv9YT8

UPDATE: I just realized that I asked this question a month ago (sorry). But please reply if you get this also.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Thighs

Postby Amenicola on August 3rd, 2014, 9:00 pm

Bobajojo,

I have exactly what you are talking about in my calves especially and also in my thighs. I have been twitching all over for the last 7-8 months and not sure wtf is going on. My anxiety and stress is through roof. Not sure if it's because of the twitching or if the twitching is causing my anxiety/stress to flourish. I twitch probably few thousand times/day.... It's very scary stuff, not to mention I am having problems speaking. It seems when I am tired especially I am having problems pronouncing the syllables "ch" and "g" and my "s's" seemed slurred a bit. Don't know what is going on. Been to a nuero, who said I seem ok, never had an emg or MRI. Think I'm headed that way though...
Amenicola

Postby Andreas on August 6th, 2014, 8:49 am

Hi Matt,

I read many of your posts and my symptoms are most similar to your symptoms.
I twitch all over my Body, not one second without that. My calves and feet fasciculate non-stop and it feels like bubbles under my Skin. The rest of my body is also affected but not as strange as my legs.

One of my hottest spot are my thighs, the left one more than the right. It feels like mini-cramps and I noticed that there are little twitches which are the trigger of that feeling. That is now for 8 Months without any brake....but still no weakness there. So the thighs are a typical place of fasciculating in BFS for me.

My twitching-story is now about 11 months and it started with spread twitches all over my body. At the beginning the twitches where not common but in that time-span of 11 months, the twitching was getting worse. Now I have twichtes like hell and the most of that in my legs. I developed feeling of weakness and aches. My fingers are jumping crazy and it is not possible for me to do fine movements with them anymore.

I had many exams, 3 EMGs, a lot of bloodwork......all fine. No clinical weakness. So I have to accept that BFS is not that bad like A*S, but benigne sounds different for me......
I know that I will not die on BFS but it makes my life-quality sometimes really bad.....
I have good days and bad days......so planing the future is not easy.
I hope that it will get better someday...

For me BFS is a little tricky because the changes of symptoms makes my anxiety grow up. But I know that this is BFS-related and have to accept this.

Andreas
Andreas

Postby elliottok on August 14th, 2014, 9:58 am

Yep - have this. Also near constant right lower eyelid twitch. Very annoying.
elliottok

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS