worried it's ALS

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

worried it's ALS

Postby Racerx1127 on July 31st, 2014, 7:52 pm

Hello everybody, I am new here and I am going insane. I have been worrying about ALS for a long time now, I had an EMG last year and all was cleared, diagnosed with BFS. Lately my calf has been really achy, almost feels like an elastic band is around it. I can hop, I can walk, I can drive, however it is very achy, it feels like I'm wobbly and I don't know if that's weakness or not. When my calf is not bothering me (mostly the Soleus) my foot is, I just noticed the line of fat that surrounds your toe underneath your foot, is much longer and deeper than the other foot (this is where it aches). The other day I was flexing my calf, and when I did that, there is a pretty deep indent right below the Soleus. I'm worried that this is atrophy. The dent is only visible when I flex a certain way, and this is all on the right leg. Perhaps someone can help relax me and assure me it's something else.. the picture I have here is the calf dent..Image
Racerx1127

Re: worried it's ALS

Postby Racerx1127 on August 2nd, 2014, 9:07 am

thanks.
Racerx1127

Postby mwagner on August 2nd, 2014, 10:16 am

Your calf looks 100% normal to me. If that helps.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Andreas on August 6th, 2014, 9:32 am

Hi!

my calves Looks 100% like your calve! I have the same dents on both calves!
I think that is normal. Muscles can be very different proportioned. In my family we all have absolutely different calves.....

And due to my excessive muscle-testing in the past, my calve-muscles grow up and more dents appear.
So if you do the same, be in mind that a growing muscle makes more dents appear which are sinews or parts of your body where no muscle exists.

Andreas
Andreas

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS