New MOM in distress

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New MOM in distress

Postby Nikita01 on July 27th, 2014, 10:31 am

I am a young 26 years old MOM I have fasciculations or rather spasms as a heartbeat and then I've had lots of other symptoms weakness in legs arms in January I pass an emg everything OK. I stop thinking has the als and resumed the sport I was going better for 6 months and since 1 month everything back because a heartbeat was the eye then it returned all the corp even my tongue sometimes for two days following an effort and intense test has my finger right index today he trembles when I raise my hurts wrist I hand stiff and courbaturer is a sign als? Sorry for my English I am French
Nikita01
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New MOM in distress

Postby emmie.s on July 27th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Hello,
I am sorry you are in such a panic. No, trembling in and of itself does not mean ALS, unless there is weakness. There are many members here who tremble, or ratchet.
You say your hand feels stiff. If your hand is not clinically weak then I would not worry. Also keep in mind that ALS does not come and go...once you have it, it progresses without getting better. So if you had weakness in your legs which later went away, this is not ALS. Your clean EMG should give you peace of mind.
It doesn't hurt to have a follow up appointment with your neurologist, to pinpoint the cause of your trembling hand. It is likely benign essential tremor, which is bothersome but usually harmless. Good luck, and I do hope that you get your anxiety under control.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Re: New MOM in distress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS