Fascikulations in The chin

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Fascikulations in The chin

Postby Bibi on July 26th, 2014, 8:55 am

After not having so Many Twitches in my face lately , they have now returned in my chin , it really scares me as i also have The feeling of some kind of speech problem , Extra Whistle Sound in words with S and T. Does anyone have Twitches in chin ?bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Fascikulations in The chin

Postby leaflea on July 26th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Bibi,

I put "chin" into search function and 80 pages came up! My speech is a bit different for past two weeks also. The sounds you describe are not those associated with ALS - it is difficulty with 1. Projecting your voice - kind of controlling the volume, or 2. speaking "nasal" like through your nose, or 3. slurring (sounding drunk). Don't worry Bibi. Your neuro said you are fine. Remember that. Repeat it to yourself every time you think you say an "s" or "t" differently.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Tohapane66 on July 26th, 2014, 7:11 pm

O yea. Also in cheeks, top of the nose between the eyes, sometimes it feels like something going on with the lips, and the blinking eyes. Give me the chin any day over the eyes.
Tohapane66

Postby Bibi on July 27th, 2014, 10:54 am

Thank You for your response ,it really helps me to controle my anxiety ! I Think that The fact that i was only 2 weeks into twitching When i had my clinical by A neuro , that makes it hard to believe that my symptomes are benign. I am glad that i have Found this site and FB , i dont Read on ALS sites anymore because All my symptomes seems to fit , i have to tell my self over and over ,that i have to live my life now and not Use All my time worrieng . But if i hadnt All You bfs People i Would have gone total Down with anxiety. I am so afraid of going to The hospital 28/8 , my first neuro didnt say anything about what it could be When it was not ALS and i did not know anything about bfs at that time. I just hope my clinical 4 months 28/8 in Will be clean .
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Tohapane66 on July 29th, 2014, 7:19 am

Hi Bibi

It's a two way street here. Sharing experiences is very helpful for overcoming our anxieties and worries. It has certainly helped me out as I'm still relatively new to this (about 7 months now). Like you I have had a hard time accepting that some of the symptoms are benign, especially the pain and stiffness. Some days it is a real struggle. When it is, I come here or try to focus on the not so bad days.

Tom
Tohapane66

Postby mjd83 on July 29th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Scaring yourself over mis pronouncing s's t's and th's? Been there ,done that, got the t shirt. Anxiety causes you to be hyper sensitive to your speech and notice little imperfections that you will convince yourself is bulbar ALS.

If you had bulbar onset ALS, you'd have problems with slurring and or swallowing thin liquids, voice projection, not extra whistling sounds. From the considerable amount of research I've done, bulbar onset is supposedly the most aggressive and outwardly noticeable type of onset. If it was subtle, it wouldn't be for long. It also is the rarest onset and tends to mostly affect older patients.

You don't have it.
mjd83

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS