Fear for Bulbar onset

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Fear for Bulbar onset

Postby Bibi on July 25th, 2014, 1:30 pm

I am worried if AlS Can start like this ? twitching in A foot , googling fascikulations , then twitcing and cramping in left calf, A lille later twitcing in shoulders ,,back , face , thighs and other places , and now, 3 months in The first place ( left foot) is going on all Day , but The others have decreased ( but not gone All,away ) now I feel stiff and heavy in my Right leg AND i fear something Bulbar , as i make A Extra little Sound ( like Whistle ) When i pronounce words with T and S
I am really scared , i went to,A neuro onlyn2 weeks in and he made A clinical which was fine. I am going to neuro at A hospital ( my Own choise ) 28/8 .
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Fear for Bulbar onset

Postby leaflea on July 25th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Bibi,

Mine started similarly except face then abdomen. About 90% of us have similar starting stories. However, left leg/ankle/foot has been a fast vibrating twitch almost constantly for about six months. I read someone else had it for 8-12 months so I hold out hope it will quit (I am almost 10 months in). In the meantime, the right has started. It is not funny, the pattern it follows is alarming, I know. Also it seems everyone in the beginning has bulbar fears. We overanalyze our speech AND our nerves are hyperactive. I have been doing some slurring now for 2-3 weeks and it is troubling. But, thank goodness we are not alone and have pioneers who went on before us. I am 47 and also visited a neuro at about 6 weeks had an EMG and 10 weeks had neuro exam after the start of twitching. During those weeks I did too much internet searching and scared myself silly. My advice being just a bit ahead of you, is to limit any internet to only this site and facebook and do everything in your power to control your anxiety. Give your mental health as much attention as your physical health. I am not saying it is in your head or you had an anxiety problem before, but you do now (so do I). That is all we can do.

Glad to see you on facebook,
Leanne
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Re: Fear for Bulbar onset

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS