types of twtiches

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

types of twtiches

Postby hawk78 on July 22nd, 2014, 8:39 pm

Are there different types of fasciculations that are more BFS in nature? For instance, I have had intermittent "thump thump" and then its gone. Sometimes it doesn't come back for days, sometimes it goes to another body part, but mostly not. It can and does happen everywhere in my body and has done so for awhile. Only my calves have had the constant twitching. Otherwise its a quick thump in my quad or hip or back. Also can you have like a sputtering sensation in the muscle, like a vibrating muscle twitch? Do the fasciculations have to jump from one muscle to another almost every time and be there a good portion of the day? Thanks for any input. I am very curious and hoping maybe I fall into a BFS category.
hawk78
Interested
Interested

Re: types of twtiches

Postby Steph on July 22nd, 2014, 9:45 pm

Any type of twitch can be a "BFS twitch". What you are describing is very common in BFS, as are a multitude of other twitches. Many of us also find that our twitching evolves or changes over time, but new types of twitches are not anything to worry about unless accompanied by other symptoms (weakness, loss of physical ability, etc.).
Steph

Postby Nightfly on July 31st, 2014, 3:33 pm

Sounds all very normal to me, from small ones you cannot see to large ones that move limbs. Also the vibrating ones you mention (where you can look at the affected area, and see nothing - but feel like someone is playing the violin with the inside of you leg) are all pretty common around here. Like Steph said the only time you should worry is when something stops working!

It sounds like to me you fall well into the “meaty part” of the BFS bell curve.
Nightfly

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS