Limbs Jerking?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Limbs Jerking?

Postby Arkansan on July 17th, 2014, 8:00 pm

I notice that while sitting my limbs will somtimes just sort of jerk. Like a quick jolt in a direction. Most often it is my right leg that does it, but I have noticed it in my hip, arms, and once I had my jaw hanging open (sinus troubles made it hard to breath) and it jerked. Sometimes they are more frequent than others. I remember having them at least a year ago, or maybe even earlier into my whole BFS thing.

Are these a concern? I mean somtimes I will have them fairly frequently in a day. It always seems to be while I am sitting down and focused on something. It almost feels like a muscle group instead of a single muscle is twitching. The only real way to describe it is a jerk of the limb.

I have also noticed that my left knee will do this thing where somtimes when I stand up there is a muscle that will contract into a sort of twitch, hold that postion for a second and release. Anyone else have something like this?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Limbs Jerking?

Postby Josmo on July 17th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Yup its bfs normal !! Are you taking any meds like ssri ?
Josmo

Postby Arkansan on July 17th, 2014, 10:22 pm

Not taking any SSRI's. I do take Tylenol and Ibuprofen daily for aches and pain, but only for the last week or so. So do you have these limb jerks as well?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Josmo on July 18th, 2014, 8:41 am

Yes I do , not only when falling a sleep.... Few times a day !
Josmo

Postby Bibi on July 18th, 2014, 9:41 am

Arkansan wrote:I notice that while sitting my limbs will somtimes just sort of jerk. Like a quick jolt in a direction. Most often it is my right leg that does it, but I have noticed it in my hip, arms, and once I had my jaw hanging open (sinus troubles made it hard to breath) and it jerked. Sometimes they are more frequent than others. I remember having them at least a year ago, or maybe even earlier into my whole BFS thing.

Are these a concern? I mean somtimes I will have them fairly frequently in a day. It always seems to be while I am sitting down and focused on something. It almost feels like a muscle group instead of a single muscle is twitching. The only real way to describe it is a jerk of the limb.

I have also noticed that my left knee will do this thing where somtimes when I stand up there is a muscle that will contract into a sort of twitch, hold that postion for a second and release. Anyone else have something like this?

I have this feeling in my Right leg everytime i stand up and start to Walk, if i touch my thigh above my knee i Can feel The muscle contract. It releases When i have Walked for A While.
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arkansan on July 18th, 2014, 2:08 pm

I am sorry that you are dealing with this as well, it can be very nerve wracking.

I am also having what I call slow twitches. It is like the muscle twitches very slowly. Anyone else have these?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS