Cramps?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cramps?

Postby Arkansan on July 14th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Just about an hour ago my left triceps started to hurt and feel a bit tight. I felt of it just out of curiosity and the muscle felt much harder than the right one, at least to me anyway, and was very tender to the touch. Also if I press around on it the muscle feels like it tightens up for a little while afterward. The right one is very tender as well but just does not feel as solid if that makes sense.

Does this sound like a cramp? Even at rest it feels very tight. However it does not seem harder to move the arm or anything. This has been going on for a bit over an hour now. Could this be a cramp? Or could that muscle just be different from the other naturally and I didn't notice still I started poking around? I have heard some say that cramps are not something you mistake. My GP however told me that cramps in smaller muscles might be very mild.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Cramps?

Postby Yuliasir on July 14th, 2014, 11:17 pm

usually cramps are short but strong unvomuntary muscle contraction (massive), and they are quipe painful (more or less). Usually you instinctively try to relieve it by pulling cramped muscle "in an opposite direction', and again usually cramps relax in a few seconds leaving muscles a bit tight and pretty sore for hours.

Not being a doctor I can not tell what do you expereience. Should this be a spasticity, the pain would be strong and you could not flex the muscles. So maybe it is a fybromyalgia. The last means you suddenly start to feel quite a pain in the muscles like they are inflammed or bruised but without contraction, just pain.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on July 14th, 2014, 11:54 pm

Hmm it seems to be closer to what a fibromyalgia type pain then. There seems to be a mild tightness with a deep sort of dull pain. I can certainly still move the affect muscle with normal ease and the pain seems to go on for a while. I have also noted that Ibuprofen and Tylenol seem to provide some relief.

My mother has Fibromyaliga as do both my great aunts so there is a family history. I also have a lot of spots on my body where if I rub the muscle it is very tender and painful even though it does not seem to hurt if I am not touching it.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS