New strange twitch.

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New strange twitch.

Postby Arkansan on July 13th, 2014, 7:23 pm

So on the right side of my left knee cap there is a spot that will twitch. It looks like the same spot each time. It started a few days ago twitching some while I was driving, did it when I was just sitting for a day or so after that. Now I get the odd twitch in it but what worries me is that standing up from a sitting position will sometimes set off a quick burst in that spot. Also a few minutes ago I tapped that spot and then like a split second later got a quick burst of twitching in it. I tried to repeat it by tapping the spot several more times for the next few minutes but these times it did not do anything. Now I am having some pain in that spot from time to time. It concerns me because that is the same knee that buckled while I was walking yesterday.

Is this something anyone else around here has experienced? Are twitches that can sometimes be triggered by movement of or touching a muscle a concern?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New strange twitch.

Postby Tohapane66 on July 14th, 2014, 5:55 am

Sounds completely normal for bfs. Simple stretches easily trigger fasciculations for me. On tapping and twitching, I think you will find neuros love to bring out the hammer and tap your muscles to try and excite fasciculations.
Tohapane66

Postby Arkansan on July 14th, 2014, 11:09 am

Cool. Anyone have twitches where it is like the muscle contracts for a couple of seconds and then twitches?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arkansan on July 14th, 2014, 11:03 pm

Ok so that same leg, the left one is really troubling me now. If I am sitting down lifting the leg at the knee or standing up will sometimes induce twitching above the knee, particularly if I have been sitting down for some time. This is new for me, I have never been able to set off twitches like that before. It is not consistent, as in it does not seem to do it every time. Should I be worried about this? Does this sound like something more sinister. I have also noticed that sitting cross legged sets of twitches in that same spot sometimes. It really bugs me that it seems to be the same spot.

What is even more troubling for me is that I seem to be having a good bit of back pain. The weird thing is that it seems to start right around sun down just about every night. I don't know if it is cramps, it is more like an ache with just a bit of tightness, more the way my back feels after I have worked it out really hard or something, but it kinda feels different from that too. This something anyone else experiences. I am afraid that this may be a progression in my symptoms, that or I am just getting really worked up again.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arkansan on July 15th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Anyone have thoughts on this? It really bothers me that I have so much twitching in that same spot on my left knee, and activities like standing or putting weight on it seem to set it off. I also am having some pains in that spot and sometimes a weird rippling or buzzing type sensation near that area, could these be some sort of twitch? Are things like this something to be worried about? Also at a little over two years isn't that typically a good sign. I have had clinicals done at 2 and 4 months and both turned up fine but haven't had one since.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on July 15th, 2014, 1:17 pm

so go and get new one clinical. it would not harm you.

it is summertime, holidays... nobody reads the board :) noting strange in your twitch, neither in timing, not in type, I am really sure.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on July 15th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Cool. Yeah when I get my insurance sorted out I will got to my GP and get another clinical. So having the same spot twitch from movement is not unheard of or abnormal for BFS? It does not do it every time I move that knee but quite often, well maybe 5 out of 10 times now.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on July 16th, 2014, 12:48 am

induced twitches are very common...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor