tremors

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

tremors

Postby netimus on July 11th, 2014, 8:37 am

good day
well I have done several question on this forum about fasciculation, is already 19 months that my twitching going back, I spent several days with no spasms, but hj
I take my glass of soda right arm started shaking when I took my mouth, I did several tests that carry any object or tightening mouth began to tremble, that would hum symptom of bfs.
att
olimpio
netimus

Re: tremors

Postby Arkansan on July 11th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Yep tremors can certainly be BFS. I have them myself all the time, but sometimes are worse than others. Don't worry about them.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nightfly on July 20th, 2014, 6:37 am

I'm pretty sure the tremors I feel are actually muscle activity and not a sensory issue. Thing is I've had them for 30 years - long before I broke out with widespread fasciculations.

As Arkansan said - I really wouldn't worry about them. It must be one of the most frequently used words on this forum.

John
Nightfly

Postby Andreas on July 20th, 2014, 8:07 am

Hi,

I also have tremors all the time. Often when I lay in bed my body feels like shaking a Little bit. I have visible tremors in my whole body. My fingers often dance like a disco when I spread them. Also my arm, my leg and my Torso. Sometimes I can´t holt a pen between my fingers without that shaking.
Sometimes the shaking is getting bad after workout, sometimes it is getting better after that.
So my tremors can change every day from extremely bad to nearly not noticeable.

My tremors are not associated with my twitching. There can be day with bad tremors but low twitching and days with bad twitching and low tremors. There can also be days with bad twithing and bad tremors.

I´m about 11 months into that phenomen and it changes every day. So I try to take the days as they be and make the best out of that. The changes of the symptoms are my personal indicator that there is nothing sinister going on.

And the changes after months of beeing in that bfs-thing is quit normal. Some symptoms may go away and some new symptoms may come...and some symptoms which where gone may come back again...
Hyperactive nerves can produce a wide list of symptoms.
And body-spread and location-switching tremors are not indicators of MND, tremors without noticable reasons are a typical indicator of hyperactive stimulated nerves. Tremors without weakness are never a part of MND.

Tremors in MND are possible, but only at a wide progressed Phase where the most of the motoneurones are allready dead and the last living neurons are firing like hell. And at this point, there are clinical signs which cant´t be ignored such as weakness, atrophie and paresis. And there is no need of an EMG anymore because the signs are very distinct. And the tremors in MND affecting only the part of the body which is current in the "dying-process".

That above is that what 3 of my visited neuros said about my tremors and MND-tremors. And I have visited 6 neros in the last 11 months.

So try to be not worried about your tremos. If you have good clinical strength in your affected arm it is nothing sinister!
And after 19 months beeing in there, you can really be sure that there is no MND in your Body.

I hope that gives you a bit off relaxation to your head.
You are not alone with that!

regards,

Andreas
Andreas

Postby Josmo on July 20th, 2014, 9:24 am

What about tremors when stretching ?? When I'm in bed and lift my leg it will tremble any one has that??
Josmo

Postby Andreas on July 20th, 2014, 10:03 am

Josmo wrote:What about tremors when stretching ?? When I'm in bed and lift my leg it will tremble any one has that??

I have that in all (most distal/thighs/upper arm) muscles. When I stretch or when I lift my arms and my legs, they shake/tramble after a few seconds.
My strength and endurance are quit good, but these simple things make them shaking. Anyone should understand this.....
Today I was in my swimming pool which has 26 degrees an now my feets twitching like they are crazy...
But I know that this will disappear after a few hours of relaxation.

Some days the shaking is better and some days it will get bad.
Tremors seem to be as the same part of BFS like twitching is.

I try to spend not to much attention on it but I know that is not as easy as said.
My symptoms are much better if I don´t let my anxiety take control over me.
It is hard to ignore all these weird things that are going on in your body but the time will help you to control it.
Andreas

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS