Neck twitches

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Neck twitches

Postby hpc on June 23rd, 2014, 8:49 am

Should these concern me any more than others or not? I am having kind of rippling ones on the right side of neck, under the location of my Adam's apple. The thing is my throat almost feels like it's affected, it's tight and has a heavy feeling in the area it's twitching. Of course these sensations could just be my anxiety. I bit my tongue on sat and cheek yesterday so of course this has my mind going mad although I'm pretty sure it was just a coincidence.
Anyone else get these neck/throat issues? Is it probably just yet another hotspot that will resolve itself?
hpc
Interested
Interested

Re: Neck twitches

Postby johnnythejet on June 23rd, 2014, 8:57 pm

hpc wrote:Should these concern me any more than others or not?

No!

Should any other location of your twitching be more concerning?
No!

I've had my share of neck twitches as well and I've even had periods where neck CRAMPS were affecting me. Should I have been even more concerned about twitching and cramping in that area? No!

If you are especially worried about an area, you can and WILL experience other symptoms of the "feeling" type as a result of being hyperaware/sensitive to that area. Feelings of heaviness, tingling, tightness, weakness, fatigue, pain, etc. etc. are often felt along with our twitchiness. What is the key to these experiences and our saving grace?....the fact that these are symptoms we FEEL. ALS is about failing, not feeling. People like us "feel" weakness and a host of other sensations which points completely away from that sinister disease. Don't lose sight of that and take comfort in the truth that these things you experience are of benign causes. Don't let your anxiety make you stupid and forgetful.

Will this hot spot resolve itself? Yeah, probably. The more you concentrate on it, the longer this stuff will persist. but if you accept the truth that this is harmless, it will fade away and become less bothersome until it disappears.

P.S.- If I had a dime for every time I've bitten my tongue/cheek.....yikes. Rest easy.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Re: Neck twitches

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS