anyone with nerve pain?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

anyone with nerve pain?

Postby German2 on June 17th, 2014, 11:49 am

Hi there,
in context of my other symptoms I have sometimes "hading" nerve pain. For example when I hit my lege somewhere I could have a hading nerve pain in my arm. Can this also be a sign of s.th. nasty?
German2
German2
Saint
Saint

Re: anyone with nerve pain?

Postby Yuliasir on June 17th, 2014, 1:31 pm

nope becasue I have it too :))) there are some certain neural paths in the body but definitely I had this feeling. usually in relapse, when I am very stressed.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on June 17th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Ok.So I am not the only one.I had a SEP yesterday. Don't know whether it is the same name in english...sensible evoked potentials I guess...so it must be the same..It was ok. But I don't even know, what it measures exactly and which statement can be done with that outcome.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 17th, 2014, 11:59 pm

I do not know in details, but it usually measures how your brain response on various stimuli. Usually if you have neural impairment, your nerve condution is slowed and this could be detected. There is a certain range of time for a heathy brain to respond on stimulus, and this test is to measure it. if your time if outside the normal range, it means that there is something bad in your nerves.
As yours is OK, then you should not .

Surely you are not alone :))) I must admit I had the symptom you describe only a few times in my life but it is so obviously strange that I had remembered it ;))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on June 18th, 2014, 8:19 am

I have it quite a lot. And now after stopping my medication, it got more. And also my twichtes came back more often. From tomorrow on I start with the cortisone. My neuro convinced me to take it, because auf the antibodies against my nerve system. I'll see, how it works. He thinks, I'll soon be better.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 18th, 2014, 8:40 am

withdraval effect may cause this pain.

I also hope you would feel better.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on June 18th, 2014, 9:58 am

Yes, Neuro told me that medicine suppressed the symptoms...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on June 18th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Before my twitching started, I had nerve pain in my feet (soles) and both calves. Last week I had bad nerve pain in my left wrist, it feels like it would be broken... I do not know why.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby raindog on July 1st, 2014, 10:46 am

I would not swap places with Oscar Pistorious , but i'd swap him legs. As time as gone on the pain in both lower legs has gone off the scale. Lyrica through the day and cannabis vaped on a night is the only thing that helps.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS