Multiple fibers in same muscle

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Multiple fibers in same muscle

Postby bobajojo on June 16th, 2014, 9:59 am

You know those twitches that many of us have in our calves that go nonstop and look like dimpling (see video)....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNgPXWJ4i9w

How many of you get these types of twitches in places other than your calves and feet? I mean, nonstop dimpling. I have them in my calves, feet, thighs and forearms. The forearms really bother me. All I have to do is hold them up to the mirror and I'll see a dimple here, dimple there... never stops. Been doing this for 2+ years now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA9QpKE9S9g
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Multiple fibers in same muscle

Postby nrwtwitcher on June 16th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Hi Matt, I have this kind of twitches in me left upper arm and of course in my calves and feet.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby hpc on June 16th, 2014, 2:49 pm

Hi Matt, I am so weird I watched the clip and actually said out loud 'oh thank god' because my foot has been doing that twitch along the arch for weeks now, non stop. I try never to watch vids etc as a way of keeping my mind from racing but your vid has made me feel better (sorry!)! Im so sorry for you with that in your arm. Foot arch is one thing, you cant see it - your arm one must drive you barmy!!
I am 11 years into this BFS thing now...saw 1 neuro in 2004, he saw fasics on the emg (oddly ones I didnt feel)...and I got the all clear, BFS and anxiety. For whatever reason in early Feb this year things flared up again and my mind has been a mess. Understandably no one has any time for me discussing the twitches at this stage but it's alarming how much you can be set back (mentally) from a new flare up. I'll say 'ok it's 4-5 months now i think im ok' and my husband (and my GP for that matter) will shout "11 YEARS and 4-5 months"!
So, how long can you get a hotspot like that for? My right foot arch literally wont stop. I only saw it 3-4 weeks ago but wonder has it been doing it forever and I never noticed/knew?! Of course hopping on my toe/heel several times a day to test doesn't help! At the same time I noticed the arch twitches I realised the arch has a big dent (- again probably there forever but never noticed/looked)...which has sent me off on a little mental rollercoaster.
I am a right side only (for the most part) gal!
Started mag/calcium supplement last week and I swear I feel a difference (not in the foot arch but everywhere else)...my husband thinks it's placebo effect :D
Take care!
hpc
Interested
Interested

Postby jerbear_13 on June 18th, 2014, 1:01 am

Have you tried being on meds like Lyrica or other anti-seizure drugs? It might help that area calm down. Just a thought. I experience those sometimes too.
jerbear_13

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS