spasms in eyes

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

spasms in eyes

Postby netimus on May 29th, 2014, 11:51 am

good afternoon
this month is 18 months I see my body had spasms, but for a few days now, I'm having spasms over the upper eyelid, and I wonder this a normal thing bfs
att
netimus
netimus

Re: spasms in eyes

Postby J4son on May 29th, 2014, 12:46 pm

I have a lot of eye twitching and spasm, it started maybe 4 months after the onset of my widespread twitching. Left eye, right eye, lower eyelid, upper eyelid nothing seems to be spared :) Eye twitching is probably the most benign twitching of all. Usually Doctors call it myokymia rather than fasciculation. Every human being got that, and it’s most of the time related to several factors like emotional issues, stress, caffeine, eyestrain due to over focusing on a computer screen etc... My last eyelid twitch (more a spasm than a twitch) happened a week ago and lasted for 48 hours. Never been concerned about it.

On the other hand what I can’t understand is the fact of still wondering about BFS or MND after 18 months of symptoms despite all what medicals studies have said about the timeframe concerning the rare cases where ALS starts with twitching alone. I think BFS has two aspects: Neurological (the twitching) and Psychiatric (the fact of obsessing for years over a benign condition)
J4son
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: spasms in eyes

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS