definition of a clean emg

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

definition of a clean emg

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 5th, 2014, 1:43 am

Hi all. After reading BFS in a nutshell once more, I am unsure about one fact. My emgs (one of 8 limps in december, one of 5 limps in march, one of my calf, one of my foot) have all shown fasciculations. What does that matter for me? I have read there is a difference between twitches and fasciculations. I have real fasciculations. I this a clean or an dirty emg??? Sorry for maybe a stupid question.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: definition of a clean emg

Postby leaflea on May 5th, 2014, 11:07 am

I am no expert, but I think that twitches and fascics are the same, fibrillations are different and even those happen in normal EMGs but are of a bit more concern. 70% of all people may have fasics show on EMG, twitchers and non-twitchers alike! They are looking for other things in ALS such as sharp waves, slow conduction...You have nothing to worry about. Something would show on EMG when twitches are already present, especially with that three month lag you had. You are fine. Go and have a wonderful day!!
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 5th, 2014, 11:28 am

Dear Leaflea, thank you. I have hoped for a answer like yours. If I don`t haven`t such twitchers around my feet and calves, I believe I wouldn`t so unsure and anxious.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS