Questions from a somewhat new twitcher.

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Questions from a somewhat new twitcher.

Postby Dual_CoRed on May 3rd, 2014, 8:53 am

First off, thx to anyone who responds as this has been a tough 3 months for me. Back in 2007, I herniated the C6 disk in my neck, resulting in a noticeable weakness in my right biceps and wrist. The strength came back in about 3 months. On Jan 30th at work, I seemed to have re-aggravated it and my bicep lost about half its strength immediately. That night I noticed my eyelid twitching and made the mistake of googling it. Weakness+twitching...and we'll you can guess how my last 3 months have gone. Since that time the strength in my arm has improved somewhat and their is no atrophy, but the twitching has gotten worse. Arms, Legs, face and a particularly annoying twitch in my right ring finger. The right bicep has also been twitching like crazy and I don't know if this is from my neck or not. I had a neuro exam that I passed no problem and an EMG two months into the twitching that only said I have a pinched nerve at the C6, no muscle loss or weakness. I'm a little worried that I took my EMG too early and having a tough time accepting the diagnoses. Anyway, I was just hoping someone could share their experiences. Thx a alot to all who reply.
Dual_CoRed

Re: Questions from a somewhat new twitcher.

Postby ShawnW on May 3rd, 2014, 2:00 pm

Dual_CoRed wrote:First off, thx to anyone who responds as this has been a tough 3 months for me. Back in 2007, I herniated the C6 disk in my neck, resulting in a noticeable weakness in my right biceps and wrist. The strength came back in about 3 months. On Jan 30th at work, I seemed to have re-aggravated it and my bicep lost about half its strength immediately. That night I noticed my eyelid twitching and made the mistake of googling it. Weakness+twitching...and we'll you can guess how my last 3 months have gone. Since that time the strength in my arm has improved somewhat and their is no atrophy, but the twitching has gotten worse. Arms, Legs, face and a particularly annoying twitch in my right ring finger. The right bicep has also been twitching like crazy and I don't know if this is from my neck or not. I had a neuro exam that I passed no problem and an EMG two months into the twitching that only said I have a pinched nerve at the C6, no muscle loss or weakness. I'm a little worried that I took my EMG too early and having a tough time accepting the diagnoses. Anyway, I was just hoping someone could share their experiences. Thx a alot to all who reply.

Usually cervical issues don't cause twitching. But, *** weakness doesn't wax and wane. Sounds like you have a combo of cervical disc issues that periodically flair up and cause problems and also BFS. The EMG wasn't too early as EMGs tend to be highly sensitive especially after you have had symptoms.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Dual_CoRed on May 3rd, 2014, 10:02 pm

Thx for the answer Shawn. been a very nerve-wracking few months.
Dual_CoRed

Postby leaflea on May 4th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Fully understand, if you look around at all of our early posts, we have all been there. The first few months are the absolute worst.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 5th, 2014, 9:37 am

I have a herniated disc C6/7, a small C7/8 and a relative servical stenosis C3/4. That is where I started. I lost muscle in my left hand and it got weak. Now I have my strength again there but also some wholes on hand back and wrists both sides - symetrically.
The twiching began 9 month ago in my feet and it is still there...plus some slighter foot arch right, meanwile. My EMG in almost every limb (also back) was 8 month ago. It was clean and I did not get a new one.

I am running around with quite similar question whether there is a link between both sensations. Maybe a stenosis makes the nerves more sensitive? Of course I am somehow a nervous wreck though one leading expert in Germany has given me a 100% rule out of ALS. In two weeks I have an appointment with a neuro with an integral approach...Maybe he can tell me more about the link, if there is one. I'll tell you if I get an answer..
(In addition I am looking for a link to my subclinical hashimoto..but this is another issue...)
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS