holes in my wrist discovered

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: holes in my wrist discovered

Postby Yuliasir on April 30th, 2014, 8:13 am

maybe because everything is related a bit in our bodies.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on April 30th, 2014, 8:49 pm

German2: Did you receive the photos I emailed to you of my wrists? I also have the holes in the top sides of my hands. I have had an EMG in my most symptomatic limb (left slightly worse) and it was completely normal. You sound exactly like me. My hands AND feet are SKINNY. Unbelievable grooves. But, my muscle on the top side between pointer and thumb is not smaller and neither is my thenar. These are the muscles likely to atrophy in ALS. I have lots and lots of twitches in these muscles which drive me insane. But, I can still do everything I used to do. There is no atrophy in those muscles and there is no weakness. I am not sure the "holes" are atrophy or actually a loss of superficial fat. One day I won't care.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 1st, 2014, 4:20 am

Leflea: I havent' receive your mail yet. Maybe it lasts a bit longer due to attachements. I have also holes on top of whrists and on inner side. And also new between third and fourth finger. But I had never twiches there but pains on the inner side of whrists. I also thought it could be lost fat tissue. My left thenar is a bit smaller, said also doctor. And I had decline of muscle in my palm. But after training it was revesible. I could not hold a book at that time. The neuros said it is a clinical sulcus ulnaris but that is not fitting to my feet muscle decline. Weird! They are just searching for an explanation. I am looking forward to your pics!
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on May 1st, 2014, 6:35 am

well, sulcus ulnaris or ulnar nerve entrapment means you may have it compressed and therefore you may have clinically weak hand and even atrophy. For the nerves there is no matter whether they do not work due to compression or due to paralysis.
for your bulb there is no matter if it is total power balckout or just a filament proken - it does not give a light. Same for the muscles.
the fact you had it reversible supports mechanical issues in your nerves. Pain in the wrist is also typical for nerve entrapment.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 1st, 2014, 7:15 am

Yuliasir wrote:well, sulcus ulnaris or ulnar nerve entrapment means you may have it compressed and therefore you may have clinically weak hand and even atrophy. For the nerves there is no matter whether they do not work due to compression or due to paralysis.
for your bulb there is no matter if it is total power balckout or just a filament proken - it does not give a light. Same for the muscles.
the fact you had it reversible supports mechanical issues in your nerves. Pain in the wrist is also typical for nerve entrapment.

Yes, that sounds plausible. But on the other hand my never conduction measurement was always fine. And ist does not explain the feet problems and muscle pain in different places. So I am a bit sceptical about the approach in general....
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on May 3rd, 2014, 10:02 pm

German2 and I have exchanged photos. We have the same wrists. Anyone else have skinny, tendonlike wirsts , hands, and feet?
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on May 13th, 2014, 11:24 am

Hi, I would like to jump in here with a couple of questions:

Lately I have noticed more twitching/buzzing in my hands/thumbs. Although my twitching is widespread and sporadic still, it's happening more in my hands now, or maybe, I am noticing it more, cannot tell.

The other day while cooking, I noticed the 'anatomical snuff box' area on my hand looked way deep and it scared the he** out of me! I took pictures and I looked up this area online to see what the 'normal' hand looks like. It seems to be still in the normal range, but I still do not feel good about it and I would have noticed this before on my hands since I frequently check them. I would like to compare pictures too to see hands of others or have others see mine. I am not sure how to do this though. Is someone willing to share/see and also tell me how I can do this?

Also, I read that anxiety can cause hands to lose water and fat, so maybe that is what is happening, but I am otherwise not losing any weight otherwise. How can that be, why can anxiety cause that?

Thanks all!

(Note - no EMG yet for me - trying to hold off - so scared to get one. Only one nerve conduction test of both hands and arms late last year: no findings).
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 14th, 2014, 6:12 am

Hi Xina,

to share pictures, you have to exchange your email adress in a PN with s.o. Actually I can see almost dayly new or deeper holes in my hands..strange but I will check next week at a new Neuro..Hands are so individual, just yourself can see those changes. So exchanging picutures can be problematic. But if you wish to exchange, send me a PN.
German
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on May 14th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Go to google pictures and type in atrophy carpal tunnel syndrome and see that not everything is a certain nasty disease. I'm sure you will be fine once you have put your fears out in the trash bin.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 15th, 2014, 2:52 am

raindog wrote:Go to google pictures and type in atrophy carpal tunnel syndrome and see that not everything is a certain nasty disease. I'm sure you will be fine once you have put your fears out in the trash bin.

you're right. Since friday I have the diagnosis "hashimoto" and I have a herniated disc in the throat spine . So maybe I have a bad combination causing my problems...Now I am curious - taking my hormones - how it develops...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on May 15th, 2014, 4:41 am

German2 wrote:
raindog wrote:Go to google pictures and type in atrophy carpal tunnel syndrome and see that not everything is a certain nasty disease. I'm sure you will be fine once you have put your fears out in the trash bin.

you're right. Since friday I have the diagnosis "hashimoto" and I have a herniated disc in the throat spine . So maybe I have a bad combination causing my problems...Now I am curious - taking my hormones - how it develops...

Yeah good luck with that. Ive heard of a few people with Hashimoto's with BFS /PNH
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on May 15th, 2014, 4:59 am

So hashimoto confirmed... o this one is treatable, or at least manageable. Good luck.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 15th, 2014, 9:14 am

Yes, but now there has developed a new clear big hole on my back hand. More ore less overnight...My GP said this is strange and sent me to a hand surgery. My ergo therapy is quite sure about atrophy...so I am totally desperate. This is not a hashimoto thing!! What else can it be. It is a big whole getting deeper and deeper almost in hours. Seems to me like that...
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Questions About BFS