Back Side of hand Twitching

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back Side of hand Twitching

Postby Twitchy82 on April 10th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Hi everyone! I wanted to know if any of you have ad twitching on the back side of hand in the space that forms between each finger? Latley it seems as if I have less fat there and when I open and close my hand there is a faint twitch on my hand between my middle and ring finger about half way down the back of my hand. I cant feel the twitch and can trigger it by flicking that area. Most hand atrophy I have read about occurs on the palm side or on the fat pad next to the thumb but
I wanted to know what u think! Thanks again for putting up with me! I am 7 months into twitching and I still cant seem to calm my nerves! When is it that I can completly relax if I dont see any weakness? Is it 8 months after twitching starts?? Or 1 year??

I also want to add that it only twitches when I put my hand in a certain position it doesnt happen all the time just when I close and then open it again.

Please let me know what u think!
Twitchy82

Re: Back Side of hand Twitching

Postby Twitchy82 on April 11th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Anyone?
Twitchy82

Postby Twitchy82 on April 11th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Here are some images so you can see how my left hand seems as if the dorsal muscles have wasted, what do you think? In the pictures you will see my left hand from two angles and them my right normal hand from two angles.

http://postimg.org/image/9jqnkvxq9/

http://postimg.org/image/8g6j8xd35/

http://postimg.org/image/xxoxsiutd/

http://postimg.org/image/hlew2sght/
Twitchy82

Postby Twitchy82 on April 12th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Should I be worried that no one is answering?? Do my hands look weird and no one wants to tell me...
Twitchy82

Postby Yuliasir on April 13th, 2014, 12:55 am

I think, nobody answers you becasue your hands look absolutely normal.
please note that you tense your fingers and put them into specific position on all photos, so no wonder that you have more prominent tendons etc. As you may know, people in BFS due to significant stress factor often tend to lose subcutaneous fat, especially on hands, and one of the most frequent complains is 'my hands becone really skinny'. In the posts like yours we also can spot numerous examples of cognitive bias, common for our conditoon, such as taking specific positions of hand or leg, at which only the difference could be ssen, while in true atrophy people ususally haven't acquire any specific position or stretch fingers to see the deficite.
Interosseal muscles (those between finers) twitch quite often. If you are 7 months in, and have no other signs like loss of fine motorics (for example, you can not button a shirt or found your finger can't perform small simple movements to pick up fie items), then you should think not about MND but about stress disorder and consider that your primary symptom isinability to quit fears, therefore working into this field.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Twitchy82 on April 13th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Yulia:

Thanks again for your great advice, I am really going to try to take it and look into my fear of this illness. I really appreciate you taking the time to write back!
Twitchy82

Postby leaflea on April 13th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Absolutely normal! OMG Twitchy 82. If you could only see mine. My feet also are all tendons and bones. Quite stringy. I think Yuliasir is right. I have looked a lot on this site and find many people here find the hands with many indentations, especially when flexing certain ways. My wrists are also tendons and bones. But then, my neurologist informed me there really is little muscle in the wrist. Hands also have little muscle. It is fat and for some reason, whatever causes this bfs stuff also causes the loss of that fat. Why can't it take it off my hips?
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS