BFS and PAIN, INPUT NEEDED

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BFS and PAIN, INPUT NEEDED

Postby utahguy058 on April 3rd, 2014, 10:53 am

I was wondering how common pain is with everyone and BFS. I don't hear a lot about it. Yes I have the twitches, mainly non stop in calves and feet. Then pretty common in eyelids and then random poppers around the body. I have the sensory stuff. Numbness, pins and needles, burning, buzzing. I am curious about pain though? How common is pain with you. For me I tend to have pain in shoulders, low back and my ankles. The pain comes and goes, especially in my ankles. It is more common when I wake up, but the pain in the low back can last for hours, or days at a time. The shoulders tends to go through on and off phases. I also have random other pain spots. My knees may hurt for 15 minutes, then maybe my thighs will hurt a bit, nothing drastic, except the low back can be bothersome. Strange thing is that I went through the original scare and then symptoms died down, only to return two months later. Is the waxing and waning normal with BFS. I am very interested to hear about those with pain. Is that a BFS symptom that is common? I was diagnosed with BFS by my neurologist, but now I question with the pain if it isn't something more, or if pain is indeed part of the joy of BFS. THANKS A MILLION. This website is an amazing resource. ALSO, Anyone get the globus situtation, and is it anxiety if you don't have the panic sick to the stomach feeling? If I am just thinking about the symptoms all day, is that anxiety?

KC
utahguy058
Interested
Interested

Re: BFS and PAIN, INPUT NEEDED

Postby Xina535 on April 5th, 2014, 3:20 am

I believe pain is normal in BFS. I have it, mainly due to muscle tension from a combo of anxiety and the twitches themselves. Muscles get tired and tense due to BFS so this can cause inflammation and them being sore. However, you still could have something else causing pain. I have pain all over, comes and goes, with tired feeling of my muscles, but a pain that was constant and got worse was in my left thigh. Turns out I most likely have spondylosis in my lumbar spine and my nerves are compressed. I am in therapy now to help this. Also, when muscles tense, they can compress nerves, and that can cause a number of sensory issues. Had your spine/back checked out? Fibromyalgia can also cause pain, sensory issues, etc.

You have anxiety. You are thinking about symptoms all day. Like most of us here. Anxiety comes with a gazillion symptoms that mimic so many different illnesses. Anxiety affects people differently, so one may get nauseous but the other one sweats more. Globus is definitely related to anxiety. I think many BFSers have experienced it. I have.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Re: BFS and PAIN, INPUT NEEDED

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS