breathlessness?????

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

breathlessness?????

Postby joshi on April 3rd, 2014, 9:54 am

Hi guys any of you noticed if apart from fasciculations has an increased air hunger since all started? for example when try to run or climb the stairs?
Is the breathlessness part of your symptoms?
joshi

Re: breathlessness?????

Postby Yuliasir on April 3rd, 2014, 10:39 am

yes.
Hyperventialtion is the main cause
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on April 5th, 2014, 3:28 am

I have had this before, and bad. I felt like I wasn't getting enough air to finish my sentences. This has stopped, but I know at some point it will come back. I have connected it with 1) stress/anxiety and 2) if I try to do something active like ride my bike where I am getting my heart rate up. I can have the air hunger again for a few days since my body is not used to being active anymore. I am trying to work on this as my leg problem is slowly getting better. So basically, I know the air hunger can come and go so I do not worry about it. If it were due to something bad, it would stay and get worse.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby ShawnW on April 5th, 2014, 3:57 am

Yup have struggled on and off with this for years.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby joshi on April 5th, 2014, 10:47 am

thanks guys, i am concerned because i have it, it is pretty stable and it comes when i climb the stairs or try to run...but form tests and labs it seems all fine, obviously is not as i have it since all this started 8 years ago and it seems like if i cannot became fit caus ei have it also if i do the same things every day... mainly when i run and climb the stairs.
joshi

Postby garetharn on April 5th, 2014, 10:53 am

Breathlessness is something I have been going through lately, the more I think about breathing the more I struggle with my breath. If you concentrate on other things it should improve. Classic anxiety symptom my doctor tells me.
garetharn

Postby christo on April 5th, 2014, 10:54 am

I dont think it's wise to assume that breathlessness is a part of your BFS. Even if you have this for a long time you may want to have this checked... It could be anything so better safe than sorry...
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby ShawnW on April 5th, 2014, 11:56 am

I agree Christo, exertional dyspnea or shortness of breath with activity should always be evaluated. With that said, the most common cause is being out of shape. I would present this to your family doc and let him makes sure it's benign.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS