beating the muscle produce twitchers

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

beating the muscle produce twitchers

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 1st, 2014, 12:19 pm

Hello all. My neuro was able to provokate my twitchers by beating the muscles. I am not sure if this is a bad sign... Is there anybody who had made a similar ? Thank you all for reading. I am still in panic...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: beating the muscle produce twitchers

Postby wjjw on April 1st, 2014, 1:00 pm

nrwtwitcher wrote:Hello all. My neuro was able to provokate my twitchers by beating the muscles. I am not sure if this is a bad sign... Is there anybody who had made a similar ? Thank you all for reading. I am still in panic...

You should have asked the neurologist this question. But at the height of my hyper-excitability I'm pretty sure even thinking about a muscle group could have triggered twitching, let alone "beating" them. Sneezing and yawning easily triggered facial twitching. I'd say pretty "normal," for me anyway.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on April 1st, 2014, 2:12 pm

Exactly what Bill said. Stretching out, coughing, sneezing, blinking, even taking my shirt off (the act of raising my arms up over my head) sets off a series of pops and flutters in my deltoids, chest, biceps, triceps, etc. If you flick the middle of your tongue with your finger I'll bet you see true fasciculations on it. From a mental standpoint I wouldn't recommend it, but its all normal for BFS.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on April 1st, 2014, 4:05 pm

Normal with many BFSers. Do NOT do a google search on it, because it means hyperexcitable nerves, and the internet will tell you that hyperexcitable nerves could mean any number of things which you don't have if your neuro has already said your twitching is BFS and benign. Once you have the BFS diagnoses, hyperexcitable nerves are part of the picture.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby wjjw on April 1st, 2014, 5:37 pm

emmie.s wrote:Do NOT do a google search on it

I did, just because you said not to :-) I found absolutely nothing concerning. I still think your advice is sound and googling should not be attempted if in a fragile mental state which usually defies logic and reason.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby volfan on April 1st, 2014, 9:12 pm

I can almost mentally will myself to twitch. God forbid I twist a certain way, or put my arm over my head in a certain position, or...name it. Sometimes I do something just to see if a twitch will follow. A little game I play. Putting makeup on can be a real treat.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 5th, 2014, 12:11 pm

thank you all for answering and reading! It is a good feeling, that I am not alone with such problems...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 23rd, 2014, 6:42 am

I have asked my neuro, he told me that this is a normal characterist featur from fasciculations.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby mjd83 on May 10th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Good to hear. I can actually activate the twitches in both of my calves (sometimes) by tapping on them, and this had me quite worried. Of course those are nearly running 24/7 anyway so sometimes hard to tell if I'm actually activating or if they are just so consistent that it appears that way, but it sure seems to me that the muscle twitches right after I tap it.

I'm very glad to hear other people have this experience as well.
mjd83

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS