Calf twitching, knee twitching, arm twitching...!

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Calf twitching, knee twitching, arm twitching...!

Postby Tomb on March 28th, 2014, 7:25 am

Hi,

I hope everyone one is doing well under the different circumstances we are all in.

I posted back in December when after some real health anxiety my calves started twitching. It was just my calves but within a few weeks twitches popped up in different parts of my body. At the end of the month I saw my GP who laughed and said it was all benign. He ordered some blood tests which all came back fine and said to leave it there. He really doesn't think anything is up with me.

I went away in January for a vacation in a hot climate. The twitching went away! Of course, on my return to England it was back and then I started many strength tests again. As I was constantly doing strength tests I did start to strain parts of my feet and I ended up with a sore knee for a few days.

Anyway, coming up to four months I've stopped the strength tests (no more pain or perceived weakness which the strength testing was obviously causing) but the twitching seems to be back at quite a high rate.

I'm twitching all over – calves almost constantly, buzzing feet, twitches in the scalp, knees, neck, shoulders, head, arms and bum.

I drink about 10 to 12 cups of tea and have noticed that when I change to decaf tea the twitching seems to calm down.

When I'm busy at work or away for a weekend with work I can find myself not noticing the twitching at all but of course when I'm at home and on the computer, looking at my calves the whole time, I start to worry again.

I am worrier and have always suffered from health anxiety. Also maybe there are parts of my life that I'm not happy about and that is also causing anxiety.

I was just asking for advice really. Any ideas on where I should go from here? Has anyone had an extremely similar situation to mine??

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Tom
Tomb
Interested
Interested

Re: Calf twitching, knee twitching, arm twitching...!

Postby christo on March 28th, 2014, 8:06 am

Hi,
You look perfectly BFS normal to me :)
Just one thing, 10 to 12 cup of tea seem a lot to me. Not sure that it's what is causing your twitching but it can definetly worsen it.
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby Tomb on March 28th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Thanks - I hope you are handling this in the best way possible too.

It's just horrible when I look at my calves and I'm having these twitches 24/7.
Tomb
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS